1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Must Win does not feel like it matches up well

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Champsheart, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,557 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Obviously we need this one against the Bengals.

While the Bengals are on a little hot streak there wins are really not that impressive, the exception being the Giants game.

Beat -
    Giants
    Skins - early in year
    Browns
    Jags
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    Chargers

However the strenght of this team is the D-line and in the middle of that line especially. Cook is going to have problems, and we know how things can go with Romo getting pressure up the middle. On the backend we got Newman and Jones who are going to be extra motivated.

THIS IS WHERE GARRETT HAS TO SHOW US SOMETHING! He has to call plays to help us here, and have the right game plan coming in, that is a scary thought. I do not like this matchup here. With how our defense is playing and under man'd we are going to have to score some points.

I think we are going to have to make some big plays on Special teams and get some turnovers to get this one. Fingers Crossed.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,592 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    We will have a long day facing Michael Johnson.....
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    And he may be their 2nd or 3rd best pass rusher on a team leading the league in sacks.
    Worse still, they are inside rushing team who dominates opposing team's guards and centers. :eek:

Maybe some are beginning to notice around here, but Cincy has a good all-around team.

Clearly, we CAN win, but this will be tough and we are rightly the underdog.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,618 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    We need to see more roll outs and screens, heck maybe even a boot leg or two...
  5. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

880 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I'm going to make a prediction. I predict the Cowboys come out flat, can't run the ball, can't pass because Romo is on his back. The Defense stays on the field and holds their own for a few series and eventually we start to fall behind. Garrett doesn't make any adjustments and we really get behind. We rally a little but they win by 2 scores. Anyone wanna bet?
  6. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Was watching NFL AM this morning and they were reviewing the match-ups in this game. Comparing head coaches, all three analysts gave the edge to Marvin Lewis over Garrett.
  7. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

880 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    And they shouldn't have. Garrett better enjoy his job because when he loses his job as head coach he won't be getting the offers he received prior to getting the Dallas job. Some team will hire him as an OC and one they realize he sucks they will cut ties with him and he will go into broadcasting......
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    What do roll out, screen and boot leg mean?
  9. jday

jday Well-Known Member

1,811 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I could see us using a few screens but not many. Roll outs and boot leg's often times take to long to develop. I'd like to see an emphasis placed on establishing the run and quick passes.