1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My #1 Pet Cat for 2013 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by The Realist, Apr 29, 2012.

1. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My #1 target next year. Barrett Jones, C, Alabama. He is like Nick Mangold Jr.

2 years stating at RG and 1 at LT. Now moving to C. Outland trophy winner, Academic All American and Jacobs trophy winner. 6-4/312, 4.99, has run as low as 4.87.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=83261

He's a Garrett type guy all the way. Smart, hard working, character, all football all the time type guy. When I think of him anchoring our OL and blocking for Romo, Murray, Dez, Wit, Miles....... He's the anti-Gurode. Groomed by Saban and cut his teeth blocking Cody, Dareus, et al at Bama. Someone was blocking for Ingram and Richarson.

I loved DeCastro, but my issue with him all the way was HOF, Multi PB G's/C's go bottom of 1 top of 2. Larry 2, Hutch 26, Mangold 29, Snee 35-37, Mankins late 1.

I take Barrett Jones 20-32 range...top of 2 if that's where he grades. He would make our O much, much better
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Im in at pick number 32 the dallas cowboys select .....;)

:D
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,139 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    Interesting prospect, but I have my doubts the team will invest a first or 2nd on the interior line.
  4. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    I believe we already have our Center on this team, Kowalski, Yes another UDFA will become a star/ permanent fixture on this team for years. Do you have a back up pet cat for 2013?
  5. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We draft tons of OL in the 2nd...LA, Flo, Gurode.

Why wouldn't we?
  6. strongbomb3

strongbomb3 New Member

160 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the only way we can get him is if he isnt taken by pick 32 or if we trade up.
  7. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Realist....give it up man, are you that freaking obsessed with C and OG?? if Garrett and Jerry were as worried as you about OL they wouldnt have made the trade up to get Claibourne. Will be good on the OL this year, have faith.
  8. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do we even have an average caliber starting center on the roster?
  9. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    we have Costa, Killer, Bernadeau, and Nagy, its open competition, lets see what happens over the offseason and training camp.
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Brandon Jenkins | LB | Florida St

Finally a pass rusher to help Ware. Spencer Who?
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,889 Likes Received
    TJ McDonald | S | USC

Son of Tim McDonald. Yeah, multiple Pro Bowl, multiple All-Pro, Super Bowl Winning, potential Hall of Famer Tim McDonald.
  12. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe I'm wrong but it sure wreaks of Tony Dixon, Keith Davis, Abe Elam and all the other garbage we've tried at fS.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,898 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received
    I'm going to side with The Realist here. As soon as the Draft was over I started thinking about who is my next year's David DeCastro on the interior OL, because as of right now I expect some continued struggles until I see some results.
  14. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    IMO, Jerry spent his set allotted money and draft resources on the offensive line when he took Tyron Smith at 9 in the 1st round. I think it's going to be a long wait before he goes back there no matter what you or I conceive as struggles. I think we saw the value of the interior offensive lineman in this draft with how far DeCastro dropped.
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,375 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Funny you say that, Jerry messed up in his interview the other day and said he hoped to be picking at #31 next season. He did catch himself pretty quickly though.
  16. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,806 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I think Jerry would be more willing to take an interior OL drafting in the 20's than with a top 15 pick. If he's drafting with a premium pick, he's going to use it on a premium position.
  17. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's what I mean. 20-32 if not 25-32.

Love Te'o Manti ILB ND also.
  18. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  19. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I predict Barrett Jones will go very early next year. He can literally play every position on the OL.

He started as a freshman at OG and was a Freshman All-American and in his second year made All-American. He moved to left tackle as a Jr and won the Outland Award. He is moving to Center this year and would not be a surprise at all if he won the Rimington award, he's that talented.

Not to mention he is a team captain and has as good a character and leadership traits as any player could have.

I would love to have him on our team but I believe he will go early next year and I hope we aren't in that target range.
  20. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,553 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    Hunt and VA Tech's Logan Thomas