1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Cowboy memories...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by trickblue, Nov 10, 2004.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Seeing Don Meredith play in the Cotton Bowl...

I used to write "Mr. Landry" letters when I was a kid... he answered a few times... my parents swear they have the letters somewhere, but they can't find them...

The team signed football Coach Landry sent me in 1972... still my most prized posession...

Going to Benny Barnes house after a game... what a gracious, class guy he is...

Taking pics of my buddy's '93 SB tickets... I didn't get any... he got to go... I was happy for him...

Having lunch with Cliff Harris... we do some business with his firm... we have a great BBQ place here... he calls me when he comes through as his kids go to Ouchita Baptist University... and we have lunch a few times a year... one of the classiest guys you could ever know...

Meeting Lance Rentzel and his then babe wife Joey Heatherton... no... he did not expose himself to me...

Hanging with Cliff and Charlie occaisionally... WARNING... Charlie likes beer... A LOT!

Meeting Roger... class guy... American hero...

Charles Haley telling me to FO when I asked him for his autograph at Chuck E Cheese in Irving... I didn't realize the pizza was that bad...

Coach Landry giving me a hug at the NAB convention in Dallas in the late 80's... I deserved it... ;)

Seeing Randy White on several occasions at the Mandalay in Las Colinas... he is a nice guy but was a bit paranoid on anyone knowing his extracurricular activities... ;)

Drinking a few beers and talking to the late great Harvey Martin at the Stonleigh Pea... we shot pool a few times... what a nice guy he was...

Shaking Jerry's hand at a rally in '92 at the Corral... he is a fairly stout guy...

Smoking a cigar with Stephen Jones in the Corral after last years victory over the Eagles...

Working a gig with Preston Pearson, Eugene Lockhart, Bob Hayes, Drew Pearson, Doug Cosbie, Steve Pelluer, and Crazy Ray... Ray and Hayes drink WAY too much...

Hugging Bob Hayes in a gig we did at the 1989 SB gig we did at the West End Marketplace...

Working a pharmaceutical gig with Crazy Ray and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders... the gig took place at 10:00 am... Ray was already liquored up "real good"...

Working a Mitsubishi intro to the 300... I had projector duty... the Cheerleaders dressed right underneath my scaffold...

Having locker room access after an Eagle game in early 80's... Jaws came in afterward... what a class guy he is... hard to not like him... all women should fear Ed Jones' appendage... it is a formidible weapon...
  2. jamez25

jamez25 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    great memories !!! I am jealous :(
  3. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Yeah I remember someone saying he had a big arm... :D
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    That was a fun read.

My all time favorite memory was being in Tempe when Emmitt scored his 25th rushing TD of the season to set the new standard.