1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Draft Plan

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by AmericasTeam, Apr 25, 2006.

1. AmericasTeam

AmericasTeam New Member

127 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well there are several options that may pan out; for one I would love to get Winston Justice, but I really like the idea of trading down for additional picks especially a first rounder next year. There is talk of drafting QB next year, but I would like to have the picks to target and get Calvin Johnson if he declares. That being said I think trading down can benefit the Cowboys this year also.

1st day picks that I think can help out.

Gabe Watson Michigan 6-3 1/2 339 5.25
    Having a 330+ NT will help the Defense out the most in my opinion
    Max Jean-Gilles Georgia 6-3 3/4 355 5.47 Charles Spencer Pittsburgh 6-4 3/4 352 5.28 Taitusi Lutui Southern Cal 6-3 5/8 334 5.37
    Drafting one of these guys will add solid depth to the interior line and solidify the future there.
    Jason Allen Tennessee 6-0 7/8 209 4.39
    Because of His health grades a slide is predicted and well worth the gamble in the third, again in my opinion. I just hope he is there in the third. I saw some health grades of players 1 being the best and 4 being the worst, Allen had a 3.5 which leads to his fall.

2nd day picks in no particular order are:

Willie Reid Florida St. 5-10 1/2 188 4.34
    This guy has climbed my board in the last week; he wasn't even someone I was interested in until this week. I read an article that called him a poor man's Reggie Bush, but I definitely think this could be Parcell's Dave Megget, which he has not found yet.
    Joe Toledo Washington 6-5 1/2 337 5.11
    I like his athletic ability and potential as our future at LT. (Drafting a LT because I think Rob with a year under his belt and the added strength is our RT of the Future , if not even this year)
    Jason Hunter Appalachian State 6-foot-4
    235 4.53 Leon Williams Miami (FL) 6'3"2 45 4.54 Brandon Guillory Louisiana-Monroe 6-3 3/4 253 4.53
    I like one of these guys on the second day to add LB depth, as I am penciling in Singleton and Burnett at SOLB with hope for Burnett's future.
    Will Blackmon Boston College 6-0 1/4 198 4.46

If this guy is available on day 2 I would jump all over him. Second day steal.

Another notable player that I would consider taking at the end of day one or early on day two is:
    Chris Chester Oklahoma 6-3 3/8 303 4.88
    For some reason I am drueling at the thought of him lining up as a blocking tight end in goal line formations, and he is projected as having a bright future a Guard, but is still raw.