1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My favorite line last night

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by vlad, Oct 16, 2008.

1. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,051 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    not a direct quote but something like: ...and parents need to turn off the TV and put away the xbox.

I'm glad someone finally said it. I don't care how much money you throw at schools, this is what matters most imho.
  2. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you want to run against George Bush you should've ran 4 years ago.

:bow:
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,447 Messages
    3,716 Likes Received
    Mine was....Ooooh that feels so good...oh wait, you are talking about the debate.:p:

As far as actual substance and not just political rhetoric or attacks...I would agree with the original poster.

I did like the McCain I'm not W line as well, but thought Obama came back with a barb of his own to counter it.

I liked when McCain talked about the tax on the $42k group and Obama said

Now with respect to a couple of things Senator McCain said, the notion that I voted for a tax increase for people making $42,000 a year has been disputed by everybody who has looked at this claim that Senator McCain keeps on making.

Even FOX News disputes it, and that doesn't happen very often when it comes to accusations about me

Which even the crowd got a laugh out of.
  4. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,051 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Both those lines you guys posted were good. McCain was more fiery for sure which was cool to see. I thought Obama should have leveled Palin when he has the chance but he went the high road.

That Fox line was pretty good.
  5. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    "Just again, the example of the eloquence of Sen. Obama. He's health for the mother. You know, that's been stretched by the pro-abortion movement in America to mean almost anything. That's the extreme pro-abortion position, quote, 'health.'"

McCain just pissed off a LOT of women, many of whom I personally know that have had troubled pregnancies, like ectopic pregnancies, urinary infections, sepsis, etc.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I thought this was McCain's finest moment in last night's debate:

I'm a federalist. And I believe strongly that we should have nominees to the United States Supreme Court based on their qualifications rather than any litmus test.....

I voted for Justice Breyer and Justice Ginsburg. Not because I agreed with their ideology, but because I thought they were qualified and that elections have consequences when presidents are nominated. This is a very important issue we're talking about.

And yet I thought Obama countered McCain's statement effectively with a reference to the Constitution:

And I think that the Constitution has a right to privacy in it that shouldn't be subject to state referendum, any more than our First Amendment rights are subject to state referendum, any more than many of the other rights that we have should be subject to popular vote.
  7. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He didn't do a good job explaining that. I know most conservatives are opposed to abortion with the usual exceptions or rape, incest and health of the mother.

I know McCain was saying the left uses "health" as an open to stretch it to cover all abortions. Even when it has no legitimate bearing they can claim "health" to make it seem warranted.
  8. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Too bad you were alone last night. ;)
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,447 Messages
    3,716 Likes Received
    I have been married long enough that I am no longer heterosexual...but have become a practicing asexual. :( :laugh2:
  10. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    And the face McCain pulled at that comment was priceless.
    I'm surprised it hasn't already it's rounds on the internet.
  11. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    self-love is good for your self-esteem
  12. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    To bad he lied to all of America. He did vote for a tax increase for almost everyone on this board and on most of America. Facts are facts and he voted for an increase. There is no way to dispute it. Almost everyone is going to pay more than last year thanks to Obama's vote. I posted the actual bill earlier this week and it was dismissed just like anything negative about Obama.
  13. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Who cares about the health of the baby? My rant yesterday probably makes my feelings clear.

Bring on the wood chiper and acid.
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was shocked by McCain's "Yo momma's so white" joke.
  16. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :omg:

;)
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    My favorite line was:

This concludes the final debate......good night :D