1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Final Mock!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bigtommyb, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys
    RD 1 - Mark Barron - I love Decastro however it's time to take care of this secondary, once and for all. Carr, now Barron.

RD 2 - Trumaine Johnson [CB] - Love his size and athleticism, Jenkins replacement next year and insurance for this year. ie: Jenkins offseason surgery and consistently hurt. Also another upside for this secondary.

RD 3 - Phillip Blake - [C] - Well as we know we need new center. Blake has played all 38 games in three years. At soon to be 26, should be mature enough to step in with right coaching.

RD 4 - Audie Cole - [ILB] - Good size 6'4 248, olb at NC State, good coverage skills,possibly third down candidate.

RD 4 - Ron Brooks - [CB] - Good program at LSU, Good combine, speedster and add depth to a revamped secondary.

RD 5 - Drew Butler - [P] - Good accurate punter top prospect at Georgia, no Mcbriar.

RD 6 - Keshawn Martin - [WR/KR] - Michigan St speedster.

RD 7 - James Hanna - [TE] - Oklahoma prospect 6'4 255.
  2. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received

I have Hanna in the 7th too. Do you think Barron is still there at 14? I have my doubts.
  3. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received

If Barron is gone, i'm still going secondary with Kirkpatrick and my 2nd rounder would be Olb Vinny Curry from Marshall.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    My biggest concern about Barron not being there at 14 is if a team like the Beagles leap frogs us.
  5. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

2,931 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    With Scandrick on the team, I dont see us drafting 2 CB's in this draft.
  6. Canadian BoyzFan

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I honestly am starting to think our worst nightmare is going to happen.
    Cox-Barron-DeCastro gone at 9, 10, and 13th respetively. The phones go silent at 14 and we have to take Coples, Poe or Brockers.
  7. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    There's Gilmore as well.

And if that means that Floyd has fallen, I bet we would get a good deal in a trade down.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,376 Messages
    4,941 Likes Received

Not bad.

I think #45 is a little high for Johnson. He looks like a FS to me. His speed is marginal at CB. There are going to be a lot of really good players at #45.

Blake is a very underrated player, IMO. Good pick in the 3rd.

Audie Cole is an interesting player. IMO, he is a better prospect than Victor Butler was in 2009. His 3-cone time is impressive (6.96). Compare that to Trumaine Johnson at 7.22.

Ron Brooks is really fast in a straight line, but is stiff. Check out his SS time of 4.56, which is the same as DeCastro.
  9. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,264 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Right now, the Cowboys secondary consists of Carr, Scandrick and an injured Jenkins. I easily see two CBs in this draft.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I like those first three picks. I think I'd rather address D-Line/O-line in the second over CB but I would be fine with this.
  11. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,203 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Not to be a jerk but Blake is already 26, he'll be 27 this fall:

From PFW's profile

Birthdate: 11/27/1985
  12. Canadian BoyzFan

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Most linemen peak in their early 30's and some play until their late 30s. This is hardly an issue imo.
  13. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,203 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    The average age for a pro bowl offensive lineman last year was 27.5625 years. I'm not saying Blake won't be good, or wouldn't peak a little later because of differences in mileage, but this idea about lineman peaking at 32 or whatever is overblown on here.

Dallas had an exceptionally old offensive line in the 90s, and it gave Cowboys fan an exaggerated perception of how long offensive lineman play well.

Also, Brian Waters was the only one over 30.
  14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,042 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I don't see Tru Johnson as a Cb in the NFL. He's a little big and stiff to cover most WR's in the NFL. He's more of a FS project.
  15. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received
  16. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received

Ok, well that's good by then it will be time to get rid of Sensy amd he can step in!!
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,372 Messages
    2,788 Likes Received
    Meh. Who is gone in the 2nd round that you justify picking Trumaine Johnson?
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,042 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I like him for this as well, just not in the 2nd. Hes too much of a gamble. 3rd? Ok, Ill take the risk, but we need a day 1 contributor in the 2nd round.
  19. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    then that means brockers is the pick. he would be a better rotation player then i think poe would be. i do not want poe! he is most overated prospect in this draft to me.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    You are way too reliant on combine numbers. You remind me of El Rhino from the old tc.net days. The guy who informed me Terrell Suggs couldn't play in the NFL. No way. No how. These numbers don't lie. Then he disappeared never to be seen again under the same name after Suggs proceeded to make him look like a horse's behind.