1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

MY idea draft as of right now

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Dec 9, 2012.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,999 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    Round 1 Chance Warmack G Alabama
    Round 2 Jackson Jeffcoat OLB Texas
    Round 3 Phillip Thomas S Fresno State
    Round 4 Zac Dysert QB Miami Ohio
    Round 5 Josh Johnson CB Purdue
    Round 6 Mark Jackson T Glenville State
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    I like 1 and 4 alot. I have seen Dysert as high as 2. Would love him in 4.
  3. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I think Spencer has earned a contract this year and we bring him back. I know we could always use more pass rushers, but I would like to see the defensive line addressed. Other than that, I like Dysert and even Mark Jackson as a small school guy that has some upside. Just hope he wouldn't be Arkin reincarnate.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    I was anti Spencer because I didn't feel like he deserved 10 mill a year. I still don't think he is a 10 mill a year player.

If we can ink him up for around 6.5 - 7.5 a year then I think that would be good.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    He may not get ten, but it will be closer to 9, then 6.5

Just for reference, If he finishes with 10+ sacks, most would agree that he wasn't over paid this year ($8.9 Million), so for him to take a pay cut would be absurd.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,758 Messages
    5,912 Likes Received

Dysert has a super quick release.
  7. Manwiththeplan

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    So who starts on the D-line next year? Are we hoping Ratliff gives us 16 games at his 2008-2010 level of play?
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    Yeah but I don't trust him at all so I'd hate to have another Doug Free on our hands and he is very capable of that.
  9. Manwiththeplan

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    And if he doesn't play well, cut him like we are likely to do with Free. While I agree you will never win deep in the playoffs if you over pay for averege players and commit to much money to them, you will also fail just as bad by letting quality players walk because you're afraid to commit long term to them.

Truth is we messed up by not signing him longterm for the $7-8 million it probably would've taken last year. But letting him walk, will only make the problem worse.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    What did he ever do to show he was worth 8 mill a year?

It's easy to say that now.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,999 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    I could see Dallas going to FA for NT. If not i think John Jenkins of Georgia would be a nice pick up in rd 2 aswell. Hatcher, Crawford and Lissemore will be the DE core
  12. Western

Western Active Member

124 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Excellent selections.

If invited to the All-star games, the NFL combine, and depending on his Pro day performance, Zac Dysert could rise up draft broads ~ as QB's are typically over-valued in the draft. He could go as high as the top of the 2nd round.

For the future, with Romo getting older, drafting a young, smart, and team leader as a QB would be well advised - maybe as early as the 2nd round. During his playing time at Miami Ohio, Dysert has been a three-time captain for the RedHawks (the tendency for Garrett has been selecting college players who have been team leaders and captains).
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,999 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    I agree. IM sure by the time the draft comes he could very well end up being a late 1st. Depends on how much he impresses. the two guys im hoping for is Warmack and Thomas. Warmack obvious need. But Thomas IMO has the best overall game in college in terms of Safety. Guy can play either spot tackles ballhawk great in open space. He reminds me of a more talented Sensabaugh. Sensabaugh has limitations but overall has a decent game. With thomas those Limitations arent there.
  14. Manwiththeplan

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    If you look at the market value for the position, it was easy to say last year. People just don't put the numbers into the correct context.

Did you see the contract that Ahmad Brooks got? Now if you want, tell me how much better he is/was than Spencer, but I doubt the 49ers believe that was wasted money just because he doesn't put up Aldon Smith numbers.

Back in 08' Calvin Pace had a contract that avereged 7 per year.

It's the price you at a premium position, and the only way around it is to have someone on a rookie deal.
  15. Manwiththeplan

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    FWIW, Jenkins is projected to go in round 1. Not sayong we have to go NT first, just don't convince yourself that we can get value that good in round 2.
  16. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,139 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Yeah-any draft with no dlineman would be a fail in my opinion.

Safety is going to have to take a backseat-they have Johnson, Church coming back next year along with Sensy, McCray et all.