1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My last two Mocks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Apr 26, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sign Saftey in FA
    Sign a OG
    Sign ILB

1 #9 Tyron Smith, OT, USC 6-5 #320 - Moves well on his feet and quickly gets out to the second level. Shows ability blocking in motion and easily controls one-on-one blocking situations - Has good quickness, effectively uses his hands, and stays square to seal opponents from the action.

2 #40 Will Rackley, OG, 6-3 #310 - hismobility is complemented well by his strength

3 #71 Brandon Burton, CB, Utah 6 #190 - a very good cornerback. He has solid athleticism and shows on film the quickness to defend against just about any size receiver

4 #110 Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame 6-1 #319 - Swallows backs with his girth when he closes up a gap, and has the strength to knock down smaller backs with an arm tackle. Chase and hustle are impressive, will help linebackers make stops at the second level and takes deep angles to chase down running backs down the sideline.

5 #143 Cecil Shorts III, WR/KR MountUnion, 6 #200 - Serious speed, and a serious deep threat. Will catch in traffic and will catch across the middle. Will catch what he should

6 #176 Byron Stingily, OG, Louisville 6-5 #315 - Keeps leverage, moves his feet while engaged. Protects inside lane with length and balance. Latches onto defenders and does not let go

7a #220 Bilal Powell, RB, Louisville, 5-11 #207 - Runs with good lean to get through arm tackles, or even run over smaller defenders, Looks like a bull, and often runs like one, but can also slide through traffic inside with cuts and fair vision. Nice burst past the line if hole is evident, and strong running makes him difficult to bring down.

7b #252 Chris White, ILB, Mississippi State 6-3 #240 - 110 total tackles to lead the Bulldogs. Plays downhill and able to shed blockers in the hole and make tackles. Great sense for the ball and quickness to get to the point of attack. Good lateral movement. Drops well in coverage. Hard worker and good leadership
  2. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trade down Mock

Sign a Saftey in FA
    Sign a OG
    Sign ILB

Between 14 – 18

1 #14 – 18 Gabe Carimi Wis OT Wis 6-7 #315
    Athony Castonzo, OT, BostonCollege 6-7 #311
    Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State 6-6 #317

Carimi would be my pick – but any of the three would do

2 #40 Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA 6 #202 - Good instincts for the position. Reads the quarterback's eyes and has good feet, balance and straight-line speed, aiding him in being in consistently good position in coverage.

2b-3a Will Rackley, OG, 6-3 #310 - his mobility is complemented well by his strength

3 - #71 Brandon Burton, CB, Utah 6 #190 - a very good cornerback. He has solid athleticism and shows on film the quickness to defend against just about any size receiver

4 #110 Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame 6-1 #319 -. Swallows backs with his girth when he closes up a gap, and has the strength to knock down smaller backs with an arm tackle.

5 #143 Cecil Shorts III, WR/KR Mount Union, 6 #200 - Serious speed, and a serious deep threat. Will catch in traffic and will catch across the middle. Will catch what he should

6 #176 Byron Stingily, OG, Louisville 6-5 #315 - Keeps leverage, moves his feet while engaged. Protects inside lane with length and balance. Latches onto defenders and does not let go

7a #220 Bilal Powell, RB, Louisville, 5-11 #207 - - Runs with good lean to get through arm tackles, or even run over smaller defenders, Looks like a bull, and often runs like one, but can also slide through traffic inside with cuts and fair vision. Nice burst past the line if hole is evident, and strong running makes him difficult to bring down.

7b #252 Chris White, ILB, Mississippi State 6-3 #240 - 110 total tackles to lead the Bulldogs. Plays downhill and able to shed blockers in the hole and make tackles. Great sense for the ball and quickness to get to the point of attack. Good lateral movement. Drops well in coverage. Hard worker and good leadership
    UDFA’s
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,185 Messages
    1,810 Likes Received
    give me your first mock
    love it

only thing i would change is

#40 Brandon Harris (better corner than burton)
    #71 Will Rackley (i think he falls to the 3rd)
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I agree, I like the first one. I don't think Rackley will fall to the 3rd where we pick. I hope he does but I think the Pats will take him with their 2nd 2nd rd pick.