1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Mock as of today...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboys1981, Jan 26, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,291 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    The biggest determining factor on the Cowboys Salary Cap is Romo's contract.

They could probably stretch his Signing Bonus out over a long period of time and get the 2013 cap hit down very low.

On the flip-side, Drew Brees' 2013 cap hit is 17.4M. If Romo's 2013 cap hit is similar, then they would definitely not have much run to work under the cap.
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,666 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Lol @ you.

You said you were going to wait for Adam's word, someone produced a quote from Adam (saying we will have money) and you still think you are right.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Yeah and I'm still waiting for Adam's word. I want to know, from Adam, exactly how much cap room we'll have going into 2013. Not a "we'll have enough money" type remark.
  4. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,917 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    We are 13 million over right now but we will have plenty of cap space after restructuring some deals . We will have plenty to sign 2-3 free agents .
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Yeah I'm sure we'll be able to free up money to sign a couple of FA's, but I don't think we'll be able to realistically free up enough money to sign 2 elite FA's w/o seriously jeapordizing the future.

I'd LOVE to get Melton and/or Levitre, but it's just not gonna happen IMO.
  6. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,126 Messages
    1,065 Likes Received
    Lets say we don't get either FA I mentioned in the previous post. It would make this my mock.

Rd 1- DT Shariff Floyd
    Rd 2- OG Larry Warford
    Rd 3- OG Alvin Bailey
    Rd 4- S Jonathan Cyprien (Thomas will be gone by rd4)
    Rd 5- OT Brian Winters
    Rd 6- DE Devin Taylor

I am not really sold on RB's in this class. We can have a few UDFA that we can try instead. I believe trench players are pretty deep in this years draft and we need to address it. The interior line has to be fix and I don't see us cutting Free, so the rotation of Free, Parnell will take place with Winters having a shot. Having Warford and Bailey at the guard spots will have a huge impact on our line.
  7. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,917 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Serious ? This is one of the deepest RB classes in a long time . Gotta take one in the 3-5 rounds and WE WILL.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    It's pretty decent in the mid to later rounds, so we could maybe find value there.

Overall, this draft class is not in the same universe as the 2008 class. But if that is considered a long time ago--and in RB years it may be-- then I might agree.