1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My mock - fixing the OL

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by patrickstillhere, Nov 23, 2012.

1. patrickstillhere

patrickstillhere Member

67 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    (trade down for a 1st and 3rd round pick)
    Round
    1. (trade down) Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama (6-4,305)
    2. Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee (6-5,310)
    3. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida St. (6-3,260)
    3. Khaled Holmes, C, USC (6-4,305)
    4. Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (6-8,360)
    5. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St. (6-1,215)
    6. Michael Ford, RB, LSU (5-11,215)
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Though I really like this draft it wont happen that way. They will still draft an impact pass rusher first and a skill player second or third with one O Lineman in the mix. They are still stuck in the trash can be coached up mode for O Lineman. That means more bargain siginings in the off season, this years version of Livings and Bernardou.
  3. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,864 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I'd take that.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,663 Messages
    5,817 Likes Received
    That would be an excellent draft if you could get all of these players.

I would not be surprised if Dallas Thomas got drafted ahead of Barrett Jones.

Brandon Jenkins would be a good value in the 3rd. If his injury heals before the combine, then he likely be a 2nd or even 1st rounder.

Khalad Holmes is a terrific player, IMO. I expect him to move up in the rankings as it gets closer to the draft. He would be a great value in the 3rd round.

Daniel McCullers is interesting. He is freakishly large. I've seen multiple different listings of his height and weight. The Tennessee roster lists him at 6-6, 377.

McCullers is the only guy that I've seen successfully bull-rush Chance Warmack. He is raw as a JUCO transfer. He has decent quickness considering his size, but I think NFL teams will want him to lose some weight to improve in that area.

It will be interesting to see if McCullers enters the draft this year.

Phillip Thomas looks better than the 5th round rating where CBS has him rated.

Michael Ford has some ability. He is currently 4th in number of carries for LSU. I don't know how much of that is an academic eligibility issue or a talent issue.
  5. bhamzspecial

bhamzspecial Member

72 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pass Rusher trumps even O-line.

Rd 1 Sam Montgomery OLB
    Rd 2 Dallas Thomas OG
    Rd 3 Larry Warford OG
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    This team has had an awful history of drafting offensive linemen after the 40th pick. They have to get one early for sure
  7. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,233 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I really can't comprehend how anyone can watch the cowboys and come to this conclusion.
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I'd like to give Parnell the RT job & sign Andy Levitre as one of the guards... Does anyone have any idea if Doug Free could be moved inside to one of the guard positions or would that be a waste of a move & he'd be just as awful? I too would much rather get that pass rusher Watt/Aldon Smith/Miller type of player in the 1st round like a Damontre Moore/ if he declares.. Or trading up for a Jarvis Jones if we end up with a top 10 pick. With Carter now out, I feel pretty defeated and would much rather just tank the rest of the season as bad as that sounds, I have never had that attitude but when you are banged up at every position besides TE you begin to feel helpless and finishing at 7-9 or 8-8 wouldn't make me feel any better or encouraged to get a top 10 talent in the draft.. I'd also like Sean Payton to be hired as soon as the season ends. I hate having this losers mentality, it's never been me but this coaching staff and some of the players have changed me a little as a fan this season.. I don't see the positives in going 8-8, 9-7.. As it would give Jerry an easy escape to keeping Garrett around by blaming the season on injuries at the end of the year.
  9. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    anything that fixes the O-line is good in my book.
  10. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Same here.