1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My only beef with Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Biggems, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,818 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    is the butter finger hands.....I don't like watching him maneuver in the pocket only to lose the handle on the ball without anyone touching him and on a dry field.....He fumbled 3 times yesterday without even being touched....the ball just slipped out of his hand like a slippery fish....

he needs to figure out a way to not lose the grips on the ball.......
  2. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,097 Messages
    1,943 Likes Received
    This is easily remedied and not a real concern in the grand scheme of things. He's essentially a rookie and these things are exactly what you can expect.

Place your focus on the defense, or lack thereof............that's a REAL concern.

PS - I get your drift though ;)
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,353 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    He really hasn't had a fumbling problem all year long. The fumble early in the 3rd quarter was a mental mistake as he should've known that there could be a Detroit defender coming back to take a swipe at the ball and there was no play to be made there. But the other fumbles he really hasn't had any issue with all season long until the Detroit game. 1 game doesn't mean much and again, if the O-line can pass protect decently, it probably never happens.

YAKUZA
  4. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If they fix the defense we are not playing from behind so much.
  5. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't get this he is essentially a Rookie excuse. He is not. Whether he played or not, he is four year veteran. Its one thing if he was Jason Campbell evenl, second year player, but he is not. Just like Phillip Rivers in San Diego, he doesn't get a free pass.

He has been average/bad in December, whether stats indicate it or not. I like what Romo brings to the table, but I always had issues with his Turnover Prone plays, since 2003. I am just not sure if he will ever be carefull with the ball. Especially in critical situations.

I just hope he does learn that eventually or quickly. He would be heck of QB if he ever did though.
  6. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,737 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    if he didn't have to run for his life every damn play maybe he wouldn't fumble.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,818 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    well like i said......the only issue i have with his game is the fumbling when no one touches him...the unforced fumbles....and not from center/QB exchange....

i wasn't for him coming in and replacing Bledsoe, but I am pleased with how he played when he did...he actually made it fun to watch the offense again.
  8. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,310 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    What irks me is when he grins and we are losing the game BAD.
  9. TheOneROWilliE

TheOneROWilliE New Member

246 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he should just put both hands on the ball and try and run like that. maybe he wont fumble it so much
  10. Munchis

Munchis New Member

245 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo is a turnover machine and is playing like the TRUE QB he really is. Next year it's going to get ugly if Romo digresses like Eli Manning. Especially since McNabb will be back with Philthy, and Jason Campbell continues his growth in Washington....We might have the worst QB in the division next year.

Munchis....Out!!!
  11. dre1614

dre1614 New Member

554 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Correct me if i am wrong, but this is the first game where the ball just slipped out of his hands without being touched.

if it continues ill be worried, but other then that i won't be worried, and you guys shouldn't be either.

Just to point something out also.

a guy named Tom Brady managed to turn the ball over 34 times in his first 2 years starting. Granted he played in more games than Tony, but i feel pretty confident, with a whole off-season, and studying, and getting better he will protect the ball better
  12. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    My only beef is that he's had all the responsibility dumped in his lap and when the defense is giving up 30 per game, he tends to try to make too many plays.

He mentioned that Aikman told him that game management is critical. You take chances when you're down that you wouldn't take when you're ahead.

Romo by nature, is a chance taker. When he's trailing, it only magnifies this trait.

Irony is, he hurt them yesterday and yet, he and Ware were the only reasons they were even IN the game.
  13. cstanton1987

cstanton1987 New Member

223 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He needs to get some of them sticky gloves
  14. 22Cowboys21

22Cowboys21 Active Member

676 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Wrong area of concern people!
  15. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Well said..........
  16. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So the guy fumbles a lot in ONE game and all of a sudden it is a chronic problem and time to bring Drew Bledsoe in?

When is cowobyszone.com going to conduct manditory drug tests on this site? I would assume a lot of people would be getting their pink slip.
  17. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,373 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    Had Romo gotten 1 1/2 yards more and into the end zone as time ran out Sunday, there would be no gripes about his ball handling. (Maybe)

Maybe it is just me, but the guy's been fantastic and a better ball handler than most, but all of a sudden he is the second coming of Quincy Carter?

Just be glad he's ours. For the long haul (I hope.)
  18. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Yes. Because the coach said it in the press conference. ;)
  19. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,818 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    this wasnt the first game the ball just popped out..it has happened in a couple of other games...
  20. dre1614

dre1614 New Member

554 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What games?