1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My overreaction... or is it?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,268 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Lets just say we finish out at 8-8 or a 7-9. Would anyone be opposed to trading a few of our main guys ie: Ware, Dez, Witten, and/or Romo for a bunch of picks and just redoing EVERYTHING kinda like the colts?

We've had very similar years ever since Romo took over except the 13-3 2007 season ( Parcell's team). We, I believe are not gonna change at all as a team so lets revamp!

I think all four guys I named will grant us a 1st round pick. With that done we will be back to the promise land within 3-4 years. Like JJ said " The window is closing" , He lied it's shut due to this year THUS FAR!

It's hump day and i'm bored in the office and just tossing ideas out...
  2. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,268 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    We'll still have our building blocks in Lee, Murray, Claiborne, Charter, and Tyron.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,495 Messages
    909 Likes Received

It's official

[IMG]
  4. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Every player has a price but the price would have to be mighty nice for those players.
  5. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,437 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    what would this team look like with another good free agent class and another good draft?
    let's ride this romo and garrett train a coupla more yrs
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    1. Of the four players you mentioned, I doubt very seriously you could get a 1st round pick for any of them. Maybe if you bundle a couple together, but otherwise, very unlikely.

2. I mentioned Witten as a possible trade candidate two years ago. Now, he's too old; same with the other 3, for the exception of Dez, whose off the field issues will likely scare away trade partners.

3. 8 and 8 doesn't mean scrap the team.
  7. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,268 Messages
    398 Likes Received

I think we can get:

Romo: 1st and 3rd and future 1st

Ware: 1st and 3rd

Dez: 1st and 5th-6th

Witten: 1st or 2nd would be good
  8. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,954 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Al Davis is dead.

Danny Snyder doesn't have any pics to trade.

Jerry Jones can't trade to himself.

Who left is going to give up that for that?
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,339 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received

Posts like this are ridiculous. You're not going to improve by trading away some of your best players and rolling the dice on draft picks that may never pan out. You keep the players that are helping you win games and dump the players on the OL that are helping you lose. The main issue with the Cowboys is a poor OL and an incompetent head coach who continues having the team spin it's wheels.

The better the coaching the more you get out of the players you have. The roster doesn't need to be revamped the team needs a solid head coach and a DC who's built some real good defenses on some winning teams. For the Cowboys to start making progress they need to fix the coaching and the OL.
  10. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,617 Messages
    825 Likes Received
    ...fine with me as long as we also hire a new coach. but, the latter is not going to happen so no deal...
  11. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,119 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Absolutely no reason to trade Dez or Ware.

Give Romo another season with improved lines and see what happens before we talk about trading him.

Might be time to see if we can get a younger TE to take Wittens place but he is still valuable even with a younger guy. If they can get two TE set to work that is.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Way too early for this. Season is nowhere near being over. Revisit this in the offseason.
  13. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

749 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    The draft is not a sure thing. You don't trade proven players for Picks unless you are sure they have nothing left to offer you. This team is a quality offensive line and better offensive play calling away from being a contender and you want to trade all of our good pieces for picks??

What makes you think the 3rd rounder we would get for Dez would be better than Dez?

What makes you think the 3rd Rounder we would get for Witten would be better than Witten?

What makes you think the 2nd Rounder we would get for Ware would be better than Ware?

Look at this teams draft history.. We have years where only 1 or 2 guys end up even being a part of this team in any real way..

Only guy that I could ever see us Trading for a pick would be Romo if we chose to go in another direction I suppose you would trade him for a 1st and a 4th or something and go young at the position.. This isn't something I would want to do but if management decided they wanted to go another direction we would have no choice.
  14. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ahhh, no. Let's not slam te window shut prematurely.

Remebmer, this is year 2 of a 3-year rebuilding process.

You're asking if we should be tearing the whole thing down before seeing the full plan through.

How about we give it at least another offseason to get the rest of the pieces in place before we judge how Super Bowl ready this team is.
  15. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    I've thought of this same thing, Ware is languishing here and even though he is the sack leader how much help is it really? He can and probably will be the sack leader for this team for the next 5 years and all he'll get out of it is a HOF vote cause he damn sure isn't getting a ring here, not the way this team is. I think trading him or maybe someone else worth something for a few high draft picks is a good idea. His stock is going to only go down and if this team is rebuilding (evil words) then they need to quit *****footing around and get to it.
    I'm editing because I see everyone is against this to see what happens next year, well we have been waiting for next year the past 5 years, reminds me of a time while stationed in the bay area a bunch of sailors (I was one) got into it with a whole bunch more locals, and back to back the three sailors fought everyone off, they kept saying wait till so and so shows up, well someone came out of the crowd and got too close to us and took the worst butt kicking he ever got, as the other 6 guys jaws dropped to the floor because that is who they were waiting for. Are we going to keep waiting for next year to give us heart or save us and if so and it doesn't work then what???
  16. rodd94

rodd94 New Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On the first part, It seemed to work when Dallas traded Hershel Walker to the Vikings for a bunch of picks.

On the second part, I said this would be a problem in april and all i got was abuse with people saying as long as we've got Claibourne this team is set, as the offense is "the same as last years" and we're Superbowl bound.

Erm ....................................
  17. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,286 Messages
    4,201 Likes Received
    After the season there will be a review and inventory. Problems are identified and solutions entertained. There will be no wholesale changes for this team. I look for pass rusher, S, and OL to be specifically addressed but things could change between now and then.
  18. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

273 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I think its a great idea. But 1 guy at a time starting with Witten this offseason, but I'd hang on to Dez because he's only 23. Time to move on from the past and build up our front lines!
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,339 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received

They traded one player not their QB, OLB, TE and WR. The 89 Cowboys were virtually talentless so they gambled their best player because that team had holes everywhere. You could trade Romo, Ware, Witten and Dez and never get the number of draft picks and players the 89 Cowboys got for Walker.

The Cowboys received 8 draft picks and 5 veteran players for Walker. Romo, Ware, Witten and Dez are the teams corp players and without them the Cowboys are probably a 3-4 win team at best. The picks they would get for them would be used to try and replace them it would make no sense. The Cowboys would probably end up having to use multiple picks just trying to replace Romo.

If you're referring to the OL don't know why you got abused for saying it would be a problem in 2012 most on the board figured it would be. A lot of fans wanted the Cowboys to use their #1 on the OL.
  20. rodd94

rodd94 New Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I said taking Claibourne and losing our 2nd round pick was a mistake as the O-line needed help and the player brought in were career back ups. For this i got abuse off lots of poster who are now saying what i said back in April. Now i'm not slating Claiborne and never did i was saying giving up a 1st & 2nd for a player was too much and spending over $100m on CB and a few dimes on the o-line was a mistake. For this i was slated.