1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My overreaction... or is it?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,859 Messages
    1,026 Likes Received
    Yep. 1/4 of the season is thru and people are jumping ship. Bandwagoneers?
  2. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,911 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Bandwagoneers? ---does not google :D
  3. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    how in the heck can you bandwagon a 8-8 team?
  4. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Benched

1,307 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    The only thing I would trade any of them for are 4 starting quality OL
  5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    408 Likes Received

We've been rebuilding since 95!
  6. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Dude, that's the whole point of rebuilding. I never said the players we would draft would come in and win a super bowl that year. Withing 3-5 years I believe we would be in good position with a bunch of young talent mainly from the many picks we get. 1 playoff win since 96... remember that. Romo has all the stats and none of the wins. I was romo's biggest supporter 'till last week, that was the straw. I'm actually playing Flacco and Big Ben in both of my fantasy leagues over Romo.
  7. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really? Didn't know it was 1995 when Garrett took over for Wade Phillips. Thanks for pointing out the facts.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,533 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received

I agree, this is year 2 of 3 in the rebuilding. Next year in FA & draft, it's OL & S.
    That gives the win now team, but yet builds for long term future too.

Trade any one away, that's a give up. Too early in year to give up.
    Ride it out.
  9. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,632 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Honestly, this team is good enough. But I've been converted to blaming it on the Oline. I'd be up for trading Witten and Jenkins or Scandrick. Pick up some 2nd or 3rd rounders and reload the Oline with those picks. I believe the team is strong enough to pick up some FA's along the Dline and replace the two players we trade. I really think with selecting a guy like Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack along with a NT like Jesse Williams this team could see some dominate play from the trenches.
  10. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    So what kinda years were the one's in between 95-2010? As an organization we have been rebuilding, getting new coaches is a part of that process. AND how are you gonna rebuild when we never had anything good that collapsed? Like I said we've been rebuilding since 96.... Beat it!
  11. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,251 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Seems fans are throwing in the towel early this season.
  12. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

923 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Can you really trust Jones to make the right decisions with those picks?
  13. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,535 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    That's funny and true at the same time LOL
  14. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    we are already down to 6 starters from 4 years ago. it seems xray to dump all your stars. If you believe tony isnt your guys then he is the one you trade and can get the most for.
  15. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,460 Messages
    1,078 Likes Received
    It makes no sense trading 4 of your best players who are still in their prime for a bunch of draft picks that may never pan out. The draft is a crapshoot you could end up with nothing. KC has traded Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez in recent years for draft picks and continue to lose. The only ones who benefitted from the trades are the Vikings and Falcons. If you traded Romo, Ware, Witten and Dez what are the odds of drafting better players or players that are equal to them? The odds would be slim and none because Ware is at the top of his game and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer and Witten has a legit shot at the Hall of Fame plus Romo is currently a top 10 QB. Dez is within a couple of stimulated brain cells of becoming a great player.

If you trade Romo, Witten, Ware and Dez you'll be using all the picks you received trying to replace them. LOL It may take several pics just trying to replace Romo and that player could end up going bust because QB's have the highest bust rate of an position. You asked if you were overreacting and you are big time because if the team ends up 8-8 or 7-9 they're still within touch of competing with better coaching and a better OL.

Teams that are 8-8 or 7-9 don't blow their team up by unloading 4 of their best players including their starting QB for draft picks. You claim you were one of Romo's biggest supporters until last week now you want to trade him along with 3 of the best players on the team. :rolleyes: I've been one of Romo's biggest critics and I wouldn't trade him and risk trying to find something better in the draft at this stage.

You don't make drastic personnel moves unless your team is a complete wreck winning only 2-4 games per season. The players you want to trade are the only hope the Cowboys have to right the ship and compete for a championship anytime soon. Once they're gone it may take years to replace them and things could go from bad to worse. If you're going to trade players you don't unload them all at once leaving yourself scrambling trying to fill several big holes. Last weeks loss obviously hit you hard and has you not thinking straight.