1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My poor mock attempt !

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JIMMYBUFFETT, Mar 27, 2008.

1. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,180 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Tough year to guess what Dallas will do . Eveybody pretty much agrees that Dallas needs a WR , CB , and a RB , but in what round ? Throw in a dash of Roy Williams and a pinch of Adam Jones and it becomes even more confusing . Oh well I'll still give it a shot :

Round 1. Traded to the Detroit Lions for WR/Roy Williams . This one is fairly simple for me . Throw out all the contracts and dollar figures , all I know is that at #22 I like R. Williams better than L. Sweed , M. Kelly , D. Jackson , or D. Thomas .

Round 1. Traded to the Atlanta Falcons for their 2nd round #34 and 4th round #104 . This is a pretty even trade points wise and Dallas wouldn't "gain" a whole lot from it , but would pick up an additional draft choice and wouldn't be forced into reaching for something that wasn't there in the 1st .

Round 2. From Atlanta S/Kenny Phillips - I think Phillips will fall a little , and when Dallas comes around he'll not only be the best available player , but will also fill a need . He'll be able to contribute immediatly relieving Roy Williams at safety on Nickle packages , and would give Dallas a little breathing room when negotiating with Hamlin in 2009 .

Round 2. RB/Ray Rice - I keep hearing people say that Dallas is looking for a change of pace back to "compliment" Marion Barber , but I disagree . I think Dallas is looking for a running back that can carry half the load , not just be some other guys compliment . I like several backs around this slot including C. Johnson , K. Smith , J. Charles , and M. Forte , but the most important attributes of a RB for me are vision and tackle breaking ability . For that...I like Rice .

Round 3. QB/Andre' Woodson - I know everybody will hate this pick , but I just feel it's so important . I have zero confidence in Brad Johnson and I don't even know who Richard Bartell is . The struggle Dallas went through to find a QB is something I'll never forget , and don't want to go through again . Woodson has such amazing intangibles in terms of talent and work ethic that I couldn't pass him up . He'll certainly need help with his mechanics , but he'll also have ample time to do it behind Romo and Johnson .

Round 4. From Atlanta CB/Terrell Thomas - My whole draft revolves around Dallas signing Pac Man , and I assume they will . That said , Dallas still needs depth at CB and Thomas brings a versatility that I really like . He made the switch from safety to CB after his first season , and did it successfully for one of the best college programs in the nation . I see him playing that same versatile part for Dallas .

Round 4. WR/Harry Douglas - Color me as one of those who believes that T. Glenn is done , and that even with T. Owens , R. Williams , and P. Crayton , Dallas is lacking speed in the WR core . Douglas is a poor mans Steve Smith who plays much bigger than his size and has outstanding speed and quickness .

Round 5. RB/Anthony Alridge - I think the Tyson Thompson experiment is over ! Even with Barber III and Rice , the backfield is shy a back or two . Alridge is one of the more underrated players in the draft , and despite his size , was a real workhorse for Houston . He's a fantastic receiver with unbelievable speed . He'll make a perfect 3rd down back and return man on special teams .

Round 6. FB/Jacob Hester - Everybody has their "football guy" that they just love . For some it's Owen Schmitt , others it Tom Zbikowski , for me it's Hester . Besides just loving his football attitude , I also love that he's probably the best short yardage back in the draft and could take away a little of the goal line pounding that Barber endures . Besides that I believe he's versatile enough to play a part in the Jason Garret scheme as an H-Back . He has great hands , and runs great routes . He's also fantastic on special teams .

Round 7. C/Doug Legursky - Not much to say when talking about 7th round picks . I just believe you should take an offensive linemen in every single draft , and center has the least depth on the roster . Why not add a big , old , nasty , red head from Marshall ?
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,848 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    You had me until round three.
  3. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,180 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    And after round 3 ?
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,504 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    If we're going QB that early I'd like Josh Johnson of San Diego.

Really like the Terrell Thomas and Jacob Hester picks. I think Hester's a little on the small side, but he never stops. You've got to respect that about him.

If we do go FB, my money is on Hillis. I know, I know, I have Schmitt in every Mock I do and have never had Hillis even one time. I like his mohawk.
  5. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

889 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Like both trades, not sure of the rest.
  6. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL Phillips will NOT make it out of round 1.

He should be gone by this pick also, and don't wanna use a 3rd rounder on a Q.B. anyway.

I have him rated as a 2nd rounder, NO WAY IN HELL he lasts till late 4th round.

I really gave up at this point, with you having Phillips fall to round 2 and Thomas to round 4.
    Just unrealistic!
  7. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the title of the thread explains it all