1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My silly thoughts timeline starting after SB 28

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Jan 1, 2014.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

22,677 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    I will just jump right in. (Some stuff may be out of order)

1. Jimmy is out as head coach (won't go into why, everyone believes what they want to believe)

2. Switzer is in - team spots 49ers 21pts in 1st qtr of NFC title game (some believe that if jimmy was sill coach that it never happens or he at least stops the hemmorhaging sooner)

3. * Cowboys storm outta of the gate in SBXXX and dominate the stealers but the 2nd half is all stealers and it takes Neil O'Donnell and Larry Brown to save us from losing to stealers for 3rd time in Super Bowl)

4. Patchwork central - Joey Galloway

5. Losing to cardinals in playoffs

6. Losing to panthers in playoffs

7. Chan Gailey

8. Campo years

9. Parcells - not even the best choice but the right intentions. Parcells wanted out but jerry paid him extra to stay one more year.

10. Garrett - I think it's an epic fail. He is just head coach/OC/strategy dumb.

* Jerry sold his soul for SBXXX and this is the price. We are the bengals, browns of the nfl. Moreover we are the new al Davis raiders.
    DenCWBY and EPL0c0 like this.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    Parcells. Not even the best choice.

Lz.

He was the perfect candidate. Nobody turns a team around like Big Bill. The Redskins tried the same with Gibbs and then Shanahan, but it takes an all timer like Parcells to do the job while saddled with an insane owner.

The only reason we were competitive in the last 10 years is Bill Parcells. Without him, we are picking in the top 5 of the draft every year.
    djmajestik, DenCWBY, Trajan and 6 others like this.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

2,757 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    bingo, I truly believe that...he is off his rocker (or rocking chair)
  4. BigMac6

BigMac6 Member

83 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Parcells......he made the playoffs in his first season with Quincy Carter at QB and Troy Hambrick at RB.....Shame on him!
  5. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

368 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Parcells at least rebuilt the team and put a solid foundation and organizational culture in place. But since he didn't get us over the top, Jerry felt vindicated and took the keys back to his toy with Bill left rather than bringing in another quality HC.

Jerry never learns. Twice he thought he could take over teams someone else built and continue having success, but both times he took the keys over, he just ended up running it into the ground within 4 years.
    dwight likes this.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

22,677 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    Sorry but Bill had a case of the Garrett's and cost us in Seattle and few other games. His padawan destroyed him because the game passed him by.
  7. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,092 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Was a decent post until this.

Bengals?(not recently)
    Browns?
    Raiders?

Those teams have been terrible.

Cowboys have been average or mediocre whatever you want to call it.

Cowboys have the most emo fanbase in the league.

It's been a hard run but it's a stretch to say its as bad as teams who've consistently picked top 5 year in and year out.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,807 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Man you have to take some of this stuff said with a grain of salt... While I was not enamored with some of his decisions, Parcells undoubtedly did a awesome job of turning this franchise around.
  9. Risen Star

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    One other thing about Parcells, talk to me about the seasons where he had a veteran Tony Romo under center.

He left when Romo was just starting to play. I'd have loved to see him stick around, add to his core and make a run with a ready Romo.
    Coy likes this.
  10. Risen Star

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    About as good as you can do at his age and with the obstacles he had in Dallas.

But he left. And that really offends some of the fans.
  11. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,270 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Whatever makes you feel better.
  12. dwight

dwight Active Member

803 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Bill made some questionable decisions on the field but not as bad as Garrett. Bill build this team with talent that Garrett is using.
  13. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,902 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Not completely disagreeing with you but it was within his power to of had Romo starting earlier in his career. He just preferred experienced bus drivers. That was my biggest problem with him in his handling of the QB spot. He held out until he had no choice but to start Romo.
    mrmojo likes this.
  14. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

772 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I don't disagree about parcels at all, but don't knock Gibbs as he is an all time great. He won Super Bowls with three different qb's in his first stint and did at least win a playoff game in his second stint something even bill failed to do in his cowboys stint. I dislike the redskins but I have to respect Gibbs.
    mrmojo likes this.
  15. Risen Star

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    But he couldn't do what Parcells has done. Which is be effective at any age and at every stop in his career. At an age when Gibbs and Landry were flopping their way out of the league, Bill Parcells was turning around a downtrodden talent-less team into a playoff contender.
  16. Risen Star

19,027 Messages
    4,196 Likes Received
    It might take a little time to take an UDFA QB out of Eastern Illinois and turn him into a starting NFL QB.
    Coy likes this.
  17. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,044 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    I'd love to be the Bengals right now, at least they make the playoffs every year :)
    Sb or Bust likes this.
  18. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,044 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    If this had happened we would have at least a couple of more playoff wins and maybe even a SB, heck of a HC.
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,270 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I always loved Parcells, but I never felt like we got his best. He was old and the enthusiasm was gone. The nasty was gone, .. he had mellowed with age.
    But he did improve our roster leaps and bounds.

Also felt like he handled the whole T.O. situation tragically.
    JJB500 likes this.
  20. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 Active Member Zone Supporter

797 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    The Niners purchased their whole team to win the 1994 title, payed the price and came back before us…. JJ, and I do mean Jerry is an Egomaniac.
    REDVOLUTION and mrmojo like this.