1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My switch to 4-3 Mock and a look at the new depth chart

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Jan 9, 2013.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    So we should never draft an athletic DE again? Or just 1 that has a funny sounding names? :bang2:
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He means players that are 'projects'. Ekuban is from Ghana, Mack Brown moved him from TE to DE when he was at North Carolina.

Ansah is 2-3 inches taller, for what it's worth.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,796 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    Yes, I'm just pointing out that the Cowboys should have much more room to maneuver under the cap this year regardless of the "reports" of them being in cap hell.
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Yeah, I had you confused with the OP.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Have any of you really watched Ansah play? I don't really see all of this freakish ability they say he has. I see a lot of standing around and getting walled at the line. IDK.

I like what I see out of Crawford a lot more then what I've seen out of Ansah.

I also think we are going to be up against it in cap this year. I doubt we are going to be able to do very much at all and remember, we still have 5 Million we will owe the NFL for doing absolutely nothing wrong with Miles.
  6. xwalker

13,796 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    Yes, I have watched multiple BYU games.

You can't just go by that last game of the season.
  7. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I went back and watched a few of his games. I think people are overrating his talent just because he draws some comparison to JPP. Even if he does have that kind of talent we can't afford a project 1st rounder.
  8. xwalker

13,796 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    I don't think that he compares to JPP.

Ansah is best when powering through on inside rushes with quickness and power. Bending-the-corner as an outside pass-rusher is not his best attribute.
  9. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I don't think he plays with great leverage at all. He lets people get into his body and doesn't use his hands. It was not uncommon to see him get rag dolled either.
  10. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I agree he is not perfect but the reality is we are picking 18 the guy you want is in the top 5, as this is the real world this guy is a good pick at our position in the draft. I personally hope Hankins DT drops to us, I have issues with him but that comes with every pick after the top ten.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,585 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Not in the first round. Maybe the 2nd.

And there will be higher rated OL available at 18 then Ansah. We need to take the best OL/DL available at 18, and Ansah will NOT be that guy.