My Thoughts on 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, May 12, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

33,355 Messages
    8,226 Likes Received
    I think he'll be one to watch.

He probably will still struggle, but with the experience he now has, and the athletic ability he has there is an outside chance that he could be a little more than what people are expecting.
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,493 Messages
    1,532 Likes Received
    Not so sure about that only because of the fact that I don't see Allen playing much special teams. Its all going to depend on how Johnson, Wilcox, and Hamilton look in camp. If Johnson and Church are definite starters and Wilcox and Hamilton are viable backups I don't really see any need for Allen. If Hamilton and Wilcox don't show the ability to play right away then Allen will stick around.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,630 Messages
    2,717 Likes Received
    If Hamilton makes the team, it will be because he has shown more ability at safety than McCray and has been good on special teams, which makes McCray expendable. He was God awful last year on defense, so if McCray doesn't provide a marked edge on ST from either Wilcox/Johnson/Hamilton, I think he'd be gone.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,493 Messages
    1,532 Likes Received
    I'm not arguing that Allen is way better than McCray at safety, all I'm saying is that they might not choose to keep a veteran like Allen around if he isn't going to get any playing time. Just my opinion, could definitely be wrong. Its all going to depend on what Wilcox and Hamilton show.