1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Featured My thoughts post Eagles game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Oct 20, 2013.

1. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    We didn't keep Romo upright the last 2 weeks. That is why his stats havent been great. The Demeco Ryan pick was clearly not his fault.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

43,045 Messages
    2,573 Likes Received
    hilarious about Romo. But then some people have trouble with reality. The OP is one.
    5Stars likes this.
  3. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    I will add my comments onto this thread...Since I am often critical of the head coach, GM and QB, it is only right that I give credit too. No way did I think the team would go into Philly and win this game. Good job by all. As for Romo...I would so much rather have him do what he did yesterday (make a good throw for a TD to go up 2 scores in Q4) than do the opposite...which woulda been have a great game but have a costly turnover in Q4. We can pick apart some things that need to be improved like penalties, but this is one time where the team collectively surprised me. I was totally wrong about this game and I give credit to the head coach, def coord and everyone else. THIS was a great win.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,221 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    Sure they can. Like Elway. Restructure for less 'now' and pay me later. Most outside of Denver were under the 'assumption', John did a fabulous thing in restructuring for less pay so the organization could afford to pay others. Nope. He just received all his money at a later date............after football.
  5. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

5,121 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Actually it was a spot on reaction to your personal reaction to my post,,, 2-3 years is 'nearing retirement' for a 33 yr old QB, something you consciously or sub-consciously chose to take issue with just to make a negative comment to my post. I don't mind the debates, but it would be nice if they were a little more substantive and not just a thinly veiled poking with a stick. :cool:
  6. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,567 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    It was mentioned before the game and by Romo after the game that wind was a major factor in the QBs' abilities to throw downfield yesterday.

He's only completing 68.3% of his passes this year. Inaccurate bum!
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,619 Messages
    1,355 Likes Received
    It isn't accurate to compare Romo to typical NFL QBs on age because he didn't see the field (and start taking a pounding) until he was 26. You aren't talking about a Troy Aikman or David Carr that started at age 22 and took a physical beating immediately. Also Romo probably takes less of a pounding than a classic pocket QB also because of his mobility.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,801 Messages
    11,304 Likes Received
    Well, you only get to control one side of the debate, and an argument can only get so substantive when I'm addressing an imaginary figure you pulled out of nowhere.

I guess it's worth noting that 100 starts = 6.25 seasons in the NFL and that three more years after this one would be another 57 games, not counting any potential playoff appearances. Roughly ~60% of what we've seen to-date.

I do wonder, if I were to try to make the argument that 'the Jason Garrett era is just getting started' or is 'nearing getting underway, really' how much longer 3 years would suddenly get.
  9. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

5,121 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    So with that line of reasoning we can extrapolate that a QB who doesn't start playing until he's 35 can play until he's 50! Awesome, who'da thunk all that stuff about aging and strength and recovery from injuries was just a bunch of whooey! lol
  10. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

3,772 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received
    The refs would have called that if it was there was a Star on the offender's helmet.
    Guaranteed.
    Place a bet and book it.