1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My thoughts to open the night

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboysLaw87, May 9, 2014.

1. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

599 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    And what a gigantic night it is for the future of our beloved 'Boys. So we've been given the following names that we're targeting:

Lawrence
    Ealy
    Crichton
    Jernigan
    Lee
    Latimer

I think it's clear that Lawrence is the preference, since he's the only guy we consider a RDE. Similar to the 3T position, this staff sets a high standard for guys to play Ware's departed spot. Lawrence seems to be the only starter-quality guy for that valuable spot, but keep this in mind... Ealy (in particular) and Crichton can play 2 positions: LDE and 3T in the nickel. It's possible that their position flex is enough to keep us from going all-in to deal up for Lawrence.

If it's me, I think we need to come out of here with our RDE. He's the highest upside, highest value player, and worthy of using a pick to move up for. I would be OK with using our 4th rounder to get him.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,634 Messages
    5,792 Likes Received
    They will probably stay at #47 if they think 1 player in that list will be available.
  3. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

940 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Agree. However, I'd like to think Attaochu is their real target (I prefer him over Lawrence).

My top 5 before going into round 2:

Lee
    Attaochu
    Jernigan
    Lawrence
    Crichton
  4. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

599 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Fair enough, but if we're really coveting that RDE, Lawrence requires a trade up to secure. That said, no way I want to give up #78, which is what it would take to get to Oakland (#36) to jump Atlanta.
  5. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Lawrence and his suspensions seems to not be a RKG.
  6. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,340 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Great job. Nailed the pick.