1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Tribute to Trevor Hoffman

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by jacs, May 7, 2005.

1. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

:worthy2: :worthy2: :worthy2: ​
  2. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    fixed somethings that i saw

[IMG]
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,567 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    looks good jacs, when did the Padres put blue in their uniforms :confused: Btw I looked for the fixes :p:
  4. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    minor cropping details, the Padres changed uniforms last season and thanks :beer2:
  5. Irvinite

Irvinite New Member

247 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate Baseball but it's a nice wallpaper... :D
  6. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    baseball sucks :D but good job anyways
  7. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I saw him pitch last night ... just after my boy Scott Linebrink garnered the win.

Great game.

You're a Padres fan, Jacs?
  8. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hells yea baby [IMG], the atmosphere of first game he pitched at petco after getting his 400th save looked like the 98 playoffs.
  9. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

LOL - I'm a fan too! I don't get to watch much of them ... but I grew up with Scott Linebrink since I was about 12 years old. He's been a great friend and he and I play music together. When he comes home he is the most humble guy you can imagine. Not one bit of him playing in the big leagues has gotten to his head. He's a good ol' country boy.

And ...

He's in the right place right now. I think when he was at Houston, he was too close to home ... He likes it up there in San Diego during the season, but his home is none other than Taylor Texas.

He's really turning it on these days and living up to his potential. Baseball is a sport that really takes development and fine tuning - lots of details to the game.

Scotttaaaay is finally catching on.

Oh - PM me when the games are going to be on satellite T.V.

Last night was the first night I got to see him play this year...and he got his first win of the season.

Go Padres!
  10. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    dude is freaking awesome he is one of the 3 headed monsters (Linebrink, Otsuka and Hoffman) we have in the bullpen but now we have other who are stepping up (Hammond, Seanez and Reyes) and i think most of the games are on FoxSports but since i dont have satellite i am not sure and i only get channel 4 (Padres channel) at work because cable dosent reach were i live. :banghead: i wish i could go to more games but with work i dont have that much time to get there in time and all.
  11. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

Cool - I'm not a real dedicated fan, but I do root for the Padres. It's good to hear a fan speak of him like that.

Thanks for the PM. I wasn't able to watch it today though.

Keep me posted here.

BTW, are there any good Padres message boards?
  12. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the only one that i know is the scout forum
  13. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    How bout those Padres yesterday, Jacs?

This team is going places this year!
  14. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the team is clicking on every face of the game and your boy Linebrink got promoted to 8th inning duties :beer2:

Edit: He got the in today.
  15. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I want to be a good fan, but I don't always get the games.

I can't wait to see him this year ... I've been meaning to call him. But I don't want to distract him ... do you mean he got the win today?

Most of the time I just get the high lights and scores from ESPN.
    :toast:

I see that he is being talked about maybe replacing Hoffman as the closer by some fans. Man, he has come around. When he had that surgury that was basically a "clean out" ... we got a flat tire when we were out one night. I told him, let me change the frikin tire, you just had surgury, but he insisted for some stupid reason to change it himself ... then he told me later that he thought something went wrong when he lifted the tire ... I was like your SO stupid ... you've got so much on the line and you're lifting stuff on a should that just had surgery.

Looks like everything is alright now.

You go boyeee!

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASA...ent_id=1057271&vkey=news_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

That's my dawg! :thumbup:
  16. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yesterday he pitched 2 shutout innings and got the win and he will replace Hoffman but hopefully that is not until a few years because i would like to see Hoffman break the all time saves record next season but i dont know if he would want stay in that role but Scott has been awesome since he got to the Padres.
  17. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

Yeah, I told him that he'd get a job ...

We were having a crawfish boil over at his cousin's house during baseball sesaon. And me and a guy that coached him growing up were talking about his first win as an Astro. He literally had just gotten his first win ... at the same moment we were gloating for our buddy, Scott walks up ... and we're like ***?What are you doing here?

And he says he lost his job. He says, go figure. You get your first win and you get fired. He's the kind of guy that didn't let it get to him. He's got a lot of faith in the Lord. And you could tell that inside he was really bummed, but he didn't want to let it show. He said he'd be on waivers and sure enough, the Padres picked him up.

I think he's only going to get better. And I'm happy for him. He's the guy that deserves it. He's always been a classy guy. Nice to everyone and is as humble as he has ever been. I think he'll be an all-star some day.
  18. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he has been money since he got to San Diego, maybe the change of team cause him to become more effective without the pressure of being the home town guy but dude is money [IMG] and hopefully he hangs in there until Trevor retires or something so he can become our closer.
  19. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

He likes Hoffman. He's been giving him a lot of praise in articles I've been reading. He used to be a huge fan of Billy Wagner also. He's also knows Nolan and Reed Ryan.

What's up with Hoffman? I heard people saying that he blew two saves and now they want him gone or that Scott should replace him ... something to that effect.

***?
  20. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has been automatic he has blown 2 this season but they were early and has been awesome in May just like the Padres (22-6). He has 16 saves in the season, 12 out of 12 in May and 13 for his last 13 and has allowed 1 run during this streak. I hope he stays a Padre for the rest of his career because he is the Padres right now.

We had big expectations but they started the season very horrible but the team is clicking on all the faces of the game (hitting, pitching, defense, bullpen, bench).