1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Yearly Report on What I Am Hearing About the Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 21, 2011.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    When is free agency going to start? <--- big question for QB needy teams.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Well, no one clearly knows. BUT, I'd bet that a veteran QB is going to be far more ready than C Newton whenever football does start.

I agree that Carolina needs something to stimulate their fan base, etc., but I would just go about it differently. I just think that gambling on Newton can really set back their franchise even further. I suppose it's short term vs. long term perspective. Maybe Carolina is worried that they can't fill any stadium seats without Newton . . . . I understand from the financial perspective. But if Newton bombs, it's going to get even uglier.
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good point.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    Sounds like Denver is shopping their pick too.
  5. casmith07

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    To Houston, who I think would take Von Miller.

I think Denver might be trying to sell the draft for next year's Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
  6. casmith07

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    If he bombs, he bombs. But if not, he can really change the face of the NFC South.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    That is FOR SURE

Carolina has a strong fan base....they were 6th in the entire league in attendace last season.

Furthermore, just bringing in a new coaching staff after all of these years has lit a fire under those fans.

They were one demensional with no pasing game last year due to throwing Clausen out there to the wolves. They need receiving help badly and it would help if they had a good veteran QB so they can maybe take some time too grrom the young guys and see for sure if they wasted picks on Clausen and Pike last year.

I'd take AJ Green or Dareus. I'm sure they'd love to trade down a few slots and maybe even take Julio Jones or Gabbert.
  8. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,914 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Word is they havent had any calls for the pick