1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: ‘Coach' Romo fills void: Star QB's workout leadership impresses 'Boys Sendejo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 15, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,456 Messages
    2,312 Likes Received
    By Tom Orsborn
    torsborn@express-news.net

Published 11:51 p.m., Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dallas Cowboys safety Andrew Sendejo likes highly structured practices.

With quarterback Tony Romo running the Cowboys' players-only workouts, Sendejo is squarely in his comfort zone.

“They've been very structured, well-paced,” the Smithson Valley graduate said. “We get our stuff done. We get in, and we get out. It's been productive — just what we needed.”

The lockout prevents teams from conducting their usual offseason practices. In a display of leadership, Romo accepted responsibility for organizing and running the team's unsupervised workouts.

Read the rest: http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Coach-Romofills-void-1380186.php
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,145 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Great read WG!

Man, I love the way Romo has taken chargeso all fans can see what most of us already knew--ROMO is already a GREAT leader

Do our player have access to their NFL equipment? Or do they just work out in shorts....etc.?
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,594 Messages
    349 Likes Received
  4. shnagy

shnagy Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But people on ESPN say that he's not a leader because he doesn't scream at his teammates. I don't know what to believe anymore. :rolleyes:
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    These type of responses are getting a little tired.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,055 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    Last year after he got hurt he assumed a role as a coach for this team and even Ratliff and Ware listened to him when he was talking to them on the sidelines about what the QBs were doing.

If anyone is still of the belief that this guy is not the most respected guy on this team and a natural leader then it is time to question your sanity.
  7. shnagy

shnagy Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well stop reading them.
  8. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,709 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Not nearly as tired as the idiotic "he lacks dedication, he's not a leader, he's not respected by anyone other than Witten" bullcrap.
  9. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    i love tony romo. :D
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm proud of Romo...
  11. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    On Side note, nice head on the shoulders of that guy Sandejo. Don't know if he will work out with Cowboys, but seems like a guy who is head straight. I got weakness of rooting for smart players, so I am rooting for him.