1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA Blog: Dom Barber on brother Marion: 'He just works hard every day'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 21, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,856 Messages
    3,782 Likes Received
    By Tom Orsborn on Sep 21, 10 07:38 PM

"He just works so hard every day," the younger Barber said in a conference call Tuesday. "He's probably the best role model any person could have."

"For him just to be my brother, it makes my life so much easier because I can ask him things that he does in the offseason. He does sprints. He runs hills. He obviously lifts a lot of weights, that's why I call him 'Barbarian'. He does all the little things like stretches and massage. He takes care of his body so well and that helps me to know if he's getting a massage, then I need to get a massage. He's doing these stretches, then I need to do these stretches. It just helps me to be a better player. That's what he does, he lets me know what he's got going on and what he's doing. If he's running the hills, then how many hills he's running. That's what he's doing. He's lost so much weight and he's in great shape. He's just a specimen and he's fun to watch."

Read more: http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/nfl/2010/09/dom-barber-on-brother-marion-h.html

Barber brothers to do battle Sunday in Houston
    By Tom Orsborn on Sep 21, 10 12:44 PM | Permalink

"We were extremely competitive, but not so much against each other," Dom said. "It would be me and my brother versus our dad. We didn't have the relationship where we always fought. (Marion) always wanted to look after me and make sure I was OK. He never really beat up on me. Our relationship is definitely something different than a lot of brothers' relationships.

There is one big difference between the brothers: Dom is great with the media, while Marion does his best to avoid reporters.

"We are so much different, but we are so much alike," Dom said. "He's more quiet than I am. But once you get to know him, once he gets comfortable around people, he talks a lot. Everyone thinks he's so quiet and this and that. But he's a loud guy, a jokester."

More
    : http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/nfl/2010/09/barber-brothers-to-do-battle-s.html