1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Cowboys' Bryant flourishing with Kitna at QB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 17, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,268 Messages
    4,591 Likes Received
    Tom Orsborn

IRVING — Jon Kitna and Dez Bryant walked side by side up the tunnel to the visitor’s locker room at the New Meadowlands Stadium, chatting, joking and smiling all the way.
    “I believe in you,” Kitna, a 14-year veteran quarterback, told the rookie receiver minutes after the Dallas Cowboys’ 33-20 upset of the New York Giants.

Underscoring that sentiment was the way the two teamed to torment the Giants’ top-ranked defense. In topping the century mark in receiving yards for the first time as a pro, Bryant finished with three catches for 104 yards, including a 13-yard touchdown that gave the Cowboys a lead they never relinquished.

Read More http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...t_flourishing_with_Kitna_at_QB_108593564.html
  2. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,387 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    That is a great story! I love having Romo as our QB but I'm hoping he is open to learning from Kitna.

If he is then this injury could be one of the best things that ever happened to him. He has been able to step back, watch Kitna do things differently and learn from it. It is in someways a luxury to be able to do so in the NFL. Rarely do you get to look at the team without you unless your hurt to see them from a fresh perspective.
  3. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,658 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    This is in no way a knock on Tony, but I hope he takes a cue from Kitna in terms of letting off the brakes a little on Dez. When people would ask Tony earlier this season about how great Dez was, understandably he'd talk about how he's doing well and learning, but he'd always underscore it with something about how he's a rookie, etc.

Kitna just plain says "Dez is a freakish talent and I'm going to throw it up for him because he's just plain better than the guys trying to stop him," paraphrased heavily of course. =)

I love Miles, and all our other weapons, but Dez is going to be our go to guy going forward. He was born with natural ability that very few guys can ever hope to achieve, and when you have a guy like that, you get the ball to him, plain and simple.