1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Cowboys' Bryant ready to show how much he's matured

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,167 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant's eyes lit up as he recalled the moment this summer when he realized his injured right leg was healthy again.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...ryant-ready-to-show-how-much-he-s-1681704.php
    “About the end of June, I was in my backyard, playing basketball, feeling good, dunking, windmilling, 360s, doing everything,” Bryant said. “That's when I knew.”

Now with training camp under way, the mercurial second-year Dallas Cowboys wide receiver is out to prove he's as sound in mind as he is body.

Bryant had an impressive rookie season, but a tumultuous offseason increased doubts that he can act professionally on and off the field.

It all began in the spring with an incident at a Dallas mall that required police attention. That embarrassing situation was followed by a spate of legal issues that revealed debts nearing $1 million.

But Bryant said he did a lot of growing up in the months that followed and is ready to toe the line this season after reportedly amassing fines in the six figures last season for tardiness.

“I know you guys are going to be watching everything I do, but that's life,” said Bryant, 22. “I feel like I've matured more as a man, and, hey, I'm ready to go.”

He better be. With the release of Roy Williams, Bryant is slated to start alongside Miles Austin.

“I really learned some great things from Roy,” said Bryant, who has continually looked impressive in practice at the Alamodome. “I feel like I'm ready to fill that spot.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...-show-how-much-he-s-1681704.php#ixzz1TmIlIEvA
  2. Z mann R2

Z mann R2 Member

398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ohhhh man I'm ready for Bryant to explode!!!

I think this season is a season for maturity and TEAMwork! Think we'll have a good year
  3. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,456 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I knew I must have had a leg injury my whole life and didn't know about it:eek::
  4. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,215 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Awe SH;;T ! (shoot)

5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,432 Messages
    4,390 Likes Received
    By Tom Orsborn
    torsborn@express-news.net

Updated 06:18 a.m., Monday, August 1, 2011

Dez Bryant's eyes lit up as he recalled the moment this summer when he realized his injured right leg was healthy again.

“About the end of June, I was in my backyard, playing basketball, feeling good, dunking, windmilling, 360s, doing everything,” Bryant said. “That's when I knew.”

Now with training camp under way, the mercurial second-year Dallas Cowboys wide receiver is out to prove he's as sound in mind as he is body.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...-show-how-much-he-s-1681704.php#ixzz1Tmx3Hcyr