1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Cowboys coach: I’m not concerned about division race

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 25, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Posted on 10/25/2011 by torsborn

IRVING – Even though the 3-3 Cowboys are only a game out of first place in the NFC East behind the Giants, Jason Garrett says it’s way too early in the season to be discussing the playoff picture and that his focus is entirely on Sunday night’s game against the 2-4 Eagles.

“It’ll be a great challenge for us,” Garrett said. “They’re an awfully good team playing at their place. They’ve got a lot of playmakers on both sides of the ball. We know the challenges of the Cowboys playing the Eagles. We’ve got to get locked in on that. We’re not real concerned about division races in the seventh game of the season. There’s a lot of football to be played. We’ve got to play our best football and the way we do that is come to work on Wednesday and have a great Wednesday and keep working from there.”

Read the rest: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2011/10/cowboys-coach-im-not-concerned-about-division-race/
  2. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,845 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    The mediots strike again ..

Media headline: "I'm not concerned about division races"

Actual quote: Garrett says, "We’re not real concerned about division races in the seventh game of the season."

I'm sure the haters would be all over Garrett about this which is exactly what the mediots want .. their sheep to do the baaaaaaah'ing ..

#reality
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    True. Garrett is only saying what other coaches say and that is don't concern yourself with the end product take care of todays business today and tomorrow will work itself out.
  4. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Active Member

2,024 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Garrett saying that he is not concerned about looking too far ahead when right now he has to worry about the Eagles. The Media putting it in a way to make it sound like either Garrett doesn't care about the division race at all or is not concerned because he thinks that he has the division already won or something.

Someone who just reads the Misquote will misunderstand and it will either be Dallas fans upset with Garrett or the other teams in the division players and fans will feel disrespected because they will take it as Garrett being Cocky.

Media picks and chooses the quotes that they think will rile people up the most so that a story can be created, :rolleyes:
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,653 Messages
    2,192 Likes Received
    agreed
    typical non-story
  6. ykc

ykc Active Member

600 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    I saw this press conference. The guy asking the question was way out of line and trying to provoke JG by calling him myopic for not looking at the big picture, not sure what his problem with JG
  7. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,966 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Remember that the guys who write the articles don't typically write the headlines, and the headline writers aren't actual sports reporters. The article itself is very clear about what he said.
  8. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,360 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    JG spanked a few of the idiots asking questions yesterday. I was hopeful they would not start spinning his comments. Stupid me for thinking that. The local media just can not let the drama go. If it does not exist then they will create it.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,719 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Typical spin by the media to make things sound one way that aren't really the way that they're trying to make it sound. That's not unusual though. I'm more than used to that by now.