1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Cowboys' Kitna hopes Romo gets all the work

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 27, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,475 Messages
    3,313 Likes Received
    By Tom Orsborn - Express-News
    Web Posted: 08/27/2010 12:00 CDT

OXNARD, Calif. — In an iconic 1970s TV commercial, the “Maytag Repairman” bemoans the fact his services aren't needed.
    That's something Jon Kitna would never do.

The Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo was the only quarterback in the NFL to take every snap last season, and his backup said he hopes it happens again.

“I was absolutely content and happy watching Tony have the success he had last year,” Kitna said. “It was a great step for him and this team. That's what I want to be a part of — a team that wins. And we have a chance to do that.”

While Romo toiled, Kitna recovered from the physical toll of playing the previous three seasons with hapless Detroit. He also immersed himself in the playbook, learning his new team's terminology inside and out.

And he encouraged Romo to get all the work.

“Even when we were leading by 21 and all he had to do was hand off the ball in the last two minutes, I told him take every snap,” Kitna said. “I was happy for him he got to do it.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/cowboys_kitna_hopes_romo_gets_all_the_work_101622808.html