1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA:Cowboys' Romo better on his terms as a pitcher

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 27, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,612 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    Buck Harvey

HOUSTON — “I was being CC Sabathia,” Roy Williams began, “and he was being Posada.”
    This is how Williams tells stories. There is some color, as well as pinstripes.

In this one, he reversed the throwing-receiving roles. He chose to be the stout Yankees pitcher, while Tony Romo was Jorge Posada, the catcher.

“I told him to give me the fade,” Williams continued. “He said no. I asked for the fade again, he said no, run the flash. I ran the flash, and the rest is history.”

LINK to article
  2. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,017 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Great article.
  3. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Awesome.
  4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,425 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Good article, and it is amazing how much Romo has progressed in the passed couple of years.
  5. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our boy is growing up & looking pretty darn good. Not bad for an undrafted kid.

Now all the coaching staff must do is make sure the entire team, including every single player/team, is ready to play each team they met. Hopefully the team is also healthy. Properly prepared, healthy & with Romo on target, this team can go as far as we all hope/believe it will. But all that must start/continue against each upcoming opponent so we string together a whole bunch of wins. A nice straight 10-12 wins in a row would sure make all of us feel a whole lot better.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,808 Messages
    5,522 Likes Received
    One of these days he's going to develop right into a pro-bowl caliber QB.
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,569 Messages
    1,806 Likes Received
    If Romo is truly calling his own plays, that is a terrific thing. He will know the flow and what seems to be working better than the O Coordinator. Romo knows what he's seeing on the field and will be able to better attack the weaknesses.

If this is accurate, I look for a huge jump in what the offense will be producing.

The is the best news I've heard in a long, long time.