1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Cowboys' Romo has good feel for Bryant (Notes)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 18, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,350 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
    By Tom Orsborn Express-News
    Web Posted: 08/18/2010 12:00 CDT

While he says it would be a “positive” to throw to rookie receiver Dez Bryant in a preseason game, Tony Romo is OK if it doesn't happen.

The Cowboys are hopeful Bryant (ankle) can play in the final two preseason games, but owner Jerry Jones said Monday the club might hold him out as a precaution.

“I practice like it's a game when I'm out here anyway,” Romo said Tuesday, “so if he's out here on the practice field, that would be enough, just because the tempo would still be like (a game) from my perspective. And Dez is a hard worker, so he'll have the same speed and tempo we have in a game.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/Cowboys_Romo_has_good_feel_for_Bryant_100950629.html
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,845 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    It will be hard to defend any other WR if Dez comes in with minimal time and starts clicking with Romo.
  3. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,849 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    It is nice to see Church get some love.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,537 Messages
    5,271 Likes Received
    Sometimes players just don't click.

But it's not like RW needs defending. Either you produce, or you don't. He's not producing at the level we wanted him to, but I'm ok with that. Austin, Bryant, and Crayton sounds pretty good to me.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Having Dez Bryant enter into the mix, has been a 'blessing in disguise' for Tony Romo. It has expanded how to efficiently deliver a ball to a receiver. The dynamics involved in Dez will find it's way into more balls thrown to Roy Williams and even Miles Austin. Confidence to deliver a ball to the jumping and response dynamics of Dez will shift to Roy now, and greatly improve that combination as well. That is a strength of Roy as well. Just not as strongly on a crossing pattern to his back shoulder or behind him....that's still very tough.