1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Elway’s comments on quarterbacks bodes well for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,622 Messages
    4,712 Likes Received
    Posted on 02/22/2013 by Tom Orsborn

Denver Broncos football chief John Elway said Friday there’s never been a better time to find NFL-ready passers.

“I think quarterbacks are getting better,” Elway said at the NFL scouting combine. “I think that’s what makes—not only the evaluation process (easier) – but the kids that are working at that position now in the NFL are so much farther ahead than where they were because of the exposure they’re getting not only in high school and in college.

“The exposure they’re getting makes them more game ready. We saw last year with [Andrew] Luck and [Robert] Griffin [III] and even [Russell] Wilson in Seattle—the training they’re getting is getting better and better each year. We’re getting guys that are much more prepared at that position when they get to the NFL to play it.”

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2013/02/elways-comments-on-quarterbacks-bodes-well-for-cowboys/
  2. Cowboy06

Cowboy06 Active Member

376 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    This is why you draft a QB each year (not in the first few rounds), but you have to have more of a pool to work with. We can't wait until Romo is done to start trying.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,415 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    I agree. We need to keep looking at QB's thru the draft. No more Rudy Carpenters (warm bodies).
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,725 Messages
    1,768 Likes Received
    Pity the poor team that drafts Landry Jones. Broke all kinds of records, while being the worst QB at Oklahoma since the 90s. The dude sucks.