1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Garrett wants team tough, motivated

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,488 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Tom Orsborn

Comments made by Jason Garrett on Wednesday suggest he believes the Dallas Cowboys lost their physical edge under Wade Phillips.
    One of Garrett's first moves after he was named interim coach following Phillips' firing last week was to require full pads for practice each Wednesday.

Under Phillips, the Cowboys never practiced in full pads this season. Speaking at his media briefing in Irving, Garrett explained why such a practice is dangerous.

“Football is a physical sport, and you can never lose that,” he said. “You have to be smart going forward over the course of the season. But Wednesday is the day when you are putting the base stuff in. A lot of it is focused on the running game and the play-action passing game, and you have to be physical in those areas.

Read More http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/garrett_wants_team_tough_motivated_108856449.html
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Garrett wants team tough, motivated
    By Tom Orsborn - Express-News Web Posted: 11/18/2010 12:00 AM CST

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...gh_motivated_108856449.html?showFullArticle=y

Comments made by Jason Garrett on Wednesday suggest he believes the Dallas Cowboys lost their physical edge under Wade Phillips.
    One of Garrett's first moves after he was named interim coach following Phillips' firing last week was to require full pads for practice each Wednesday.

Under Phillips, the Cowboys never practiced in full pads this season. Speaking at his media briefing in Irving, Garrett explained why such a practice is dangerous.

“Football is a physical sport, and you can never lose that,” he said. “You have to be smart going forward over the course of the season. But Wednesday is the day when you are putting the base stuff in. A lot of it is focused on the running game and the play-action passing game, and you have to be physical in those areas....
  3. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,396 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I like the way Garrett talks about football. I can't wait to see how the team response on Sunday to the Lions.
  4. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [I like everything Garrett has said & done since he became HC. Must admit I was stunned when the Cowboys rose up and beat the Giants in the Meadowlands. My expectations/hope initially was that the team would play hard throughout the game & keep it close. Believe the changes Garrett initiated and his own demeanor made a lot of believers or at least raised hopes of players that things could be turned around.

This big win, whether it's because Giants overlooked us, were unlucky, had injuries or the lights went out, was because Garrett and the Cowboys put themselves in the position to win. Any claims by anyone else that a penalty, we got lucky on the INT is garbage. After all, we lost 7 games through a variety of bad luck, disputed calls, too many penalties, bounce of the ball. As for Eli not having a good game, many it's because our defensive scheme played with his mind. so he made mistakes or his WR did. Heck, we've all seen that happen during the Cowboy losses. So forget all that nonesense that says the Giants lost the game not that the Cowboys won it. After all, one could say the same thing about a lot of our losses as well. Remember last play in Washington game. Nuff said.
  5. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    People were starting to question if we really did have the talent we were given credit for, and I'm happy to answer yes we do. They simply weren't playing to their best - call it complacency or whatever. But we beat the Giants because when we're motivated we're better than they are. We're better than most all the teams we've faced this year, and have yet to face. I hope this victory signaled a true change of course for this team - the moment when a great team became great rather than just talented. As an optimist, I hope for and expect the best to happen. Romo, Dez and Austin and Felix - the Quadruplets! Now let's kick some butt!!!