1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Holland must prove himself early in preseason

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,138 Messages
    6,920 Likes Received
    Posted on 08/01/2011 by torsborn

Journeyman Montrae Holland has been lining up at right guard ever since the Cowboys released Leonard Davis last week in a move that saved the club about $6 million on this year’s salary cap.

Whether the eight-year veteran is still there when the regular season starts is uncertain.

“I don’t worry about that,” Holland said Sunday at the Alamodome. “If they want to sign another guard, they’ll sign another guard. I’m not the GM. All I can do is come out every day and play my best. If they want to make a change, that’s on them.”

Read the rest: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2011/08/holland-must-prove-himself-early-in-preseason/
  2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    If he lost about 20 lbs, it wouldn't hurt. It'd improve his mobility, if anything.
  3. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    I'd cut him. He doesn't fit in our long term plans and he doesn't get "it" based upon how he let himself go in the off-season. Perfect opportunity for Jason to show guys what happens when you don't do things the right way.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,154 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    The moment Arkin is ready to play, Holland will be history. Could be opening day.
  5. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,071 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I would rather hear him say, it is my job and I am going to prove I deserve it.

Then what ever.
  6. w8lifter

w8lifter Member

501 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I agree. He should be trying to show everyone he wants to fight for his job.

The "Im not worried" or " I dont care what happens" attitude is EXACTLY what this team does NOT need.

By responding to everyone in that fashion, he is begging to be 'kicked to the curb'.....

:enough: