1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Will Cowboys come to Romo’s aid if Bucs go after him in kneel-down situation?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 18, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,855 Likes Received
    Posted on 09/18/2012 by Tom Orsborn

IRVING – Tampa Bay is coming to town this weekend, which means the Cowboys must be prepared for some rough stuff should they be fortunate enough to find themselves in a kneel-down situation at the end of the game.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin angrily confronted Bucs coach Greg Schiano after Tampa Bay defenders broke through the middle of the New York offensive line to knock over Eli Manning as he took a knee to wind down the defending Super Bowl champs’ wild 41-34 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday.

NFL players typically treat a kneel down as a non-contact situation. But Schiano, who is in his first year in the NFL after a successful run at Rutgers, doesn’t adhere to that custom.

“I don’t know if that’s not something that’s done in the National Football League, but what I do with our football team is we fight until they tell us the game is over,” Schiano said. “There’s nothing dirty about it. There’s nothing illegal about it. We try to knock it loose.”

So how will the Cowboys react if the Bucs go after Tony Romo if he’s in the so-called victory formation?

“We will just be aware of what happened in the past and make sure we handle it the right way on our end,” Garrett said.

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/20...if-bucs-go-after-him-in-kneel-down-situation/
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I don't think there is a player on this team with any guts. The last one in Dallas was Columbo.
  3. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Looks like Scandrick went after the Seahawks after the Lee hit.
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Church has Guts...Scandrick don't play

Dez Fights when attacked, but you have to understand his situation, he's trying hard to clean his face. So I don't blame him.
  5. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dez better run to the tunnel if anything breaks out :laugh2: :laugh2:
  6. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,619 Messages
    1,255 Likes Received
    Us kneeling out the clock? Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.
  7. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,096 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I miss the attitude that Mark Tui, Kevin Gogan, Erik Williams and Larry Allen brought to the table. If someone went after Aikman like that, believe me, someone on that OLine was going to handle the situation.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    My thoughts exactly.. why is there even an article about this? This is the absolute LAST thing anyone in the Cowboys organization should be concerned with right now.
  9. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I say you put the tough guys on the field in that situation.

Lee
    carter
    Ratliff
    O-line
    Te

If they want to play that game then lets be prepared :). Ratliff as the FB :p
  10. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,375 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I just hope its an issue the Cowboys have to deal with this week (& every week for that matter)
  11. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's crazy. Since 2006, when Romo took over, we are 4-0 against the Bucs, outscoring them 116-55. Including 31-15 win last year. :rolleyes:
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,468 Messages
    1,438 Likes Received
    Well, Romo had won three in a row vs Seattle from 2008(not including the playoff game) until the beatdown last sunday, outscoring them 95 - 39 including a 23-13 win last year.

Treat Tampa like they are the '85 bears for all I'm concerned, we saw what overconfidence does :(
  13. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Why would he kneel it when theyre behind??? Lol just to not get anybody hurt??
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,648 Messages
    1,453 Likes Received
    Attitude is one thing this team is sorely missing.