1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

N.F.L. scout's take: Doug Martin & Shea McClellin were standouts at the Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 1, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    An NFL scout's take: Doug Martin, Shea McClellin were standouts at Senior Bowl

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/20...doug_martin_shea_mcclellin_were_standouts_sen
    Submitted by Chadd Cripe on Sun, 01/29/2012 - 10:06am

By Chadd Cripe
    ccripe@idahostatesman.com
    © 2012 Idaho Statesman

Three players have emerged from all-star season as contenders for Boise State’s No. 1 NFL prospect, according to a scout who attended Senior Bowl practices.

Tailback Doug Martin is the front-runner, with linebacker/defensive end Shea McClellin and defensive end Tyrone Crawford close behind, the scout said. Martin and McClellin played in the Senior Bowl on Saturday; Crawford played in the East-West Shrine Game a week earlier.

“(Martin) is a complete back at 5-9,” the scout said. “It’s probably him.”

Read more here: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/20...ea_mcclellin_were_standouts_sen#storylink=cpy
  2. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The more I read about this McClellen kid the more I like him. I wonder what round he is projected to go in....anyone?
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,234 Messages
    1,451 Likes Received
    I've always been a big fan of Doug Martin's.

Only thing is I believe he is going to be a lot like Tashard.
  4. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,437 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Except Martin isn't a prima donna wannabe like Choice. Martin is one tough dude. I saw every game the kid played in college and he just doesn't have Choice's attitude.
    Martin is drawing most comparisons to Ray Rice.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Yeah, I like Martin as well. Don't think we'll go RB early, but if we did, he's a guy I'd target.

I do think we'll probably draft one around the 4th or 5th round.
  6. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,011 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    If memory serves, he was being projected somewhere around the 4th or 5th but his stock is really rising.
  7. rester

rester Benched

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2-3

http://nflmocks.com/2011/12/08/2012-scouting-report-shea-mcclellin-deolb-boise-state/

McCellin is a do-it-all type of player. He has played DE, OLB, and ILB forBoiseState. He has performed very well versus VT from last season and Georgia this year. He never stops going towards the ball. His first step is dynamic. What surprises me is his ability in coverage. He changes direction well and his hip movement and foot agility are near elite. Every team could find a place for this guy but teams that value versatility would get the most out of him.
  8. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would snatch him up in the 4th and and most assuredly in the 5th. I may even be willing to use a 3rd depending on who else is there.
  9. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Thanks Rester. What's your opinion on the kid. Any thoughts?
  10. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,011 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    If we called his name in the 3rd, I'd be happy, everything else equal.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,136 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    In what respect?