1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NAACP to march in support of Vick at tonight's game

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by jimmy40, Aug 27, 2009.

1. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,961 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    ESPN first take is fixing to discuss this very issue.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,676 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    The head of that NAACP chapter who is heading this "rally" is Mr. Mondesire

He is the same guy that called McNabb out in 2005 when he stopped scrambling ..... said he was belittling the struggles of black athletes by not running more.

:laugh2:
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have to apologize to the Count. I thought he was just being obstinate and generally ignorant. I didn't know he had such a vested interest in all things liberal. Now I know better...

[IMG]
  4. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,961 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Well all I got from that is it seems as though black people don't love dogs.:confused:
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,672 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    I'll be the last one to defend the intelligence of anything Philly, I don't like anything about that city... except for The Fresh Prince and Cheese Steak Sandwiches, of course.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,672 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,571 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    There are far better horses to which the NAACP can attach its cart.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,672 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    I still don't get this. You mean to tell me Vick's actions are that much worse than the drug addicts, cheaters, wife abusers, drunk drivers, murderers, rapists, child molesters, adulterers, womanizers, robbers, etc that have and do play in the NFL?
  10. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Worse than druggies? Yeah, basically.
    Cheaters, womanizers? Yes.
    Adulterers? Yes.
    Thieves? Yes.

Most of those crimes don't involve killing, so in their simplest form, yes, they are less offensive.

Should he never play again? I have no real care for that, but those above comparisons don't really fit in one form or another.

How many rapists, murderers and child molesters has the NFL reinstated? (Maybe Ray Lewis?)
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,672 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    It's a collective list. The point was that there are plenty of players that have played and do play in the NFL that have committed various levels of criminal offenses and no one thought to say, "Boy, that really ruins the reputation of the NFL right there." There are PLENTY of players with records in the NFL.
  12. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I know her pain.

I feel sorry for her.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My wife and I are talking about getting her a Sugar Glider. I think she will love it. Just doing some more research on them though before we pay for one.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,058 Messages
    1,613 Likes Received
    And there are allot of people who think these guys are given more opportunities than should be given and opportunities most would not get the real world work place. If I test positive for drugs I'm gone period there is no second chance. Vick is just another in a long line of players who is getting a chance and many feel these guys don't deserve it. Yes they deserve their freedom when they have paid their due according to the law but do they deserve the opportunity of playing the game? Many do not feel that is the right thing to do and sends the message of another athlete not being held to the same standards as most.
  15. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    She will love it.

I want one.

:D

[IMG]
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,918 Messages
    1,665 Likes Received
    I'm with you on this one Count. There is no excuse for what he did and he has said as much. He has paid an unprecedented penalty for his crimes (due to his fame and high profile) and hopefully he can use this as a giant learning expererience. Also hopefully he can do some good and add even more visabilty to this nasty business of dog fighting.

I want to step back and see if the man really has learned. I'm actually pulling for him as I love stories of redemption.

Can't say that I see why the NAACP needs to be involved other than to show support. But then again, I think there usefulness as an organization has long passed anyway.
  17. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I did not say that. I do believe that slamming dogs heads repeatedly into concrete smashing their skulls is a pretty ugly deed. I am not sure why anyone would defend Vick. He has been trash for a long time. But the usual suspects will continue this thread for pages trying to justify themselves and thier defense a despicable human.

I had hoped the NFL would reinstate him but had also hoped the owners would show a little class and not offer him a job.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And they live to around 15 or so.
  19. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,672 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    You didn't say anything and I didn't claim you did, I was responding to the cartoon.

There's really nothing to defend, he committed a terrible crime and was punished by the law for it. What happens from here is up to him and like I said, there are plenty of players one could consider "trash", that still play in the NFL. It's a little too late to take the high ground now.

I don't know what you do for a living but I'm willing to bet if you were involved in a highly lucrative industry and a member of a select group of people capable of doing what you did, a positive drug test wouldn't be the end of your career.
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You think maybe you could now respond to my question about the NAACP getting involved? Do you think they would be doing this for a white guy in the same situation?