1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Name one good reason why Jason Garrett and Monte Kiffin should have jobs in Dallas tomorrow

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Dec 9, 2013.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,867 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    Seriously? We are in the same position every year. KC fired their coach and a year later have 10 wins so far. The Texans will have a #1 pick, a new coach and talent. Stop making excuse for Garrett. He'd be a QB coach at most on most teams.
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Easy..

They SHOULDN'T be..

And , about 98% of the team should be cleaning out their lockers right now.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,797 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I truly believe both will be here next year even when we end up at 8-8 and miss the playoffs in 3 weeks.
    CopenhagenCowboy likes this.
  4. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,315 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    Because they do what Jerry tells them to do.
  5. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Active Member

716 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    because they have naked pictures of Jerry
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,577 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones

That's the only reason you need to know that they'll have jobs today and that at the very least Garrett will have this job again next year.
  7. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,638 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    Outside of Lovie Smith, who would we hire to replace Garrett?

And please, no college coaches unless they have had recent NFL experience (i.e. Jim Harbaugh).

YR
  8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,867 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    I'm not a fan of keeping someone because there might not be a replacement others like. I think Bill OBrien from Penn st. Would work and same with Shaw at Stanford. OBrien has NFL experience. I also think there are plenty of candidates in the NFL who could do a better job than what we are getting now.
  9. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,638 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    I'm not exactly a fan of it either.

But, we can see some talent development under Garrett (Murray, Dez, Tyron, Leary, Frederick, Free, Harris, Hatcher, Lee, etc) and you can chalk up some of the issues to injuries.

I would just rather have that and try it for another year than try and rely on some college coach that is all the rave, but can't translate to the pro game. O'Brien would be a good choice though. I'm skeptical of any college coach w/o pro credentials unless he is truly revolutionizing the way the game is played. Jimmy didn't have pro credentials, but he created a small, fast defense and had plenty of sound theories that were well ahead of its time. While I'm not exactly sold on Chip Kelly, he comes across very similar. Otherwise you get another Greg Schiano.

YR
  10. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,588 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    If you let Garrett go while we are still in the hunt, it would mean we've given up on the season.

You fire Kiffin, Marinelli likely goes with him. He's here because of his loyalty to Kiffin.
  11. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Because Jason Garret is a good coach.

Sorry, but its the truth.

Kiffin AND Marinelli can get canned for all I care.