1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by TheCowboy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :puke:

I was hoping he'd never win another race ;)
  2. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,072 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    After Dale Jr. winning today I thought there would a lot more posts on this.

My facebook page exploded with happy Dale Jr. fans. :D
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) -- After four years and 143 races -- the agonizing near-misses and all those questions about when he might finally win again -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. was alone in his car, comfortably ahead of the field and only a few minutes from victory.

"That was the worst feeling, riding around there with 15 laps to go, wondering what was going to happen - how you were going to lose,'' Earnhardt said. "Those laps couldn't go by fast enough.''

There was no falling short this time. Earnhardt held on smoothly at Michigan International Speedway for his first NASCAR Sprint Cup victory since 2008, and he did it in convincing fashion, beating Tony Stewart by 5.393 seconds Sunday. When the black Chevrolet with the green No. 88 crossed the finish line, Earnhardt ended a streak of 143 Cup races without a win and gave his legions of fans a thrilling reward for all their support -- and patience.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/racing/06/17/quicken.loans.400.ap/index.html#ixzz1y9MtvXag
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    It figures, I don't watch the race and Jr. finally wins. I would of loved to have seen that.
  5. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Wrong!!! :laugh2:

I knew it was a matter of time. He has been running very good all season long, sooner or later he was going to win. Unlike past season where he was not finishing in the top 10 as often as this year.
  6. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I have nothing against him I just don't think he lives up to the hype.
  7. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Others create the hype he can't control that. No doubt I'm a big fan of his because of his dad who I pulled for years and when Jr started in nationwide I pulled for him. He gets press because he is an Earnhardt
  8. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I know he can't control it. He kind of reminds of Kyle Petty, even though he's won WAY more, in that the expectations are so high no one can live up to them.
  9. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    True which puts even greater pressure on them to perform. Jr is a good driver and now things are turning around for him with this race team. I don't expect Jr to produce at the level of his dad few men ever will
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,129 Likes Received
    Engine, engine # 5

:cool:
  11. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I thought Hamlin was going to catch him until he messed up that one corner
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,129 Likes Received
    What a brainfart they had. He's got the lead on the final caution, everybody's taking two. They are planning on taking two as well. He says on the radio "I want tires" and the crew chief thinks he means he wants four and calls the audible at the last minute. Goes from 1st to 15th on the grid.

I don't know who's to blame for that but they gave the race away.
  13. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    One of the better races of the year coming up, the Brickyard 400. Can't wait.
  14. Bevo

Bevo Member

110 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Gordon needs to get a win soon and Indy is the track that he can win at.
  15. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Not a Gordon fan, but a win here would get him back in the chase.

I'm looking for Jr. to get his second win of the year.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,776 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Would be a huge win for Jr.

Gordon can just go away. If he left racing, he wouldnt even be missed.
  17. Bevo

Bevo Member

110 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Gordon has millions of fans and is one of the most successful drivers of all-time......I'm pretty sure he would be missed....
  18. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He is my favorite current driver but I'd move on if he left. I'd probably start rooting for Stenhouse Jr. because he's from my area. I used to watch his father drive sprint cars at the local dirt track as a kid.
  19. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I don't know how they explain that but hopefully they move past it. I like Denny. He's one hell of a driver.
  20. Bevo

Bevo Member

110 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I meant I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be missed. Sorry