1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Nate Livings Agrees To Terms Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by tayloner182, Mar 16, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    They have a lot of mega contracts with lots of tears left and obviously felt Routt was comparable for 3 mil less per year.
  2. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    its the bengals dude
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,451 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    Fixed it for ya.

;)
  4. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,415 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received

See? Livings did make a difference.

Great pickup! :D
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,451 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    Now I feel better!

:laugh2:
  6. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,378 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    I like to hold out, wait and see or whatever, but this is a strong post.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Really? Those examples were largely fringe moves (Dockery, Holland) pushes that let us get a read on a younger player (cutting Gurode) or yet-to-be-determined (Arkin, Free). I don't think any of them were obvious mistakes.
  8. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,731 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Nate Livings stinks.

Jerry fell off a turnup truck signing this guy to that contract.

The guy was even trying to get out of here.

Nate "doesn't earn an honest" Livings is easily making top 20 money on this team now.

Brutal move.
  9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,402 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received
    Could be due to the fact that their owner is a cheap arse.

Just saying.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,402 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received
    Maybe Callahaun liked the guy and felt Cinci was not using him correctly? I find it very hard to believe that this guy was just picked at random, he was clearly targeted by the team.

I have seen reports that the Rams were trying to sign this guy as well and the money was comparable, he just picked us over the Rams. So Jeff Fisher (who half this board has a hard on for) apparently thought he could play as well.

Just saying.
  11. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,394 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    And this will be what we have to hang our hopes on. Most of the signings look good and appear to strengthen our roster. This was certainly the most curious move - especially because it wasn't some cheap contract. The coaches and scouts have watched tons of film on this guy, spoken to insiders (coahes, players etc.) and determined that this is a guy they needed to target. It doesn't mean that they'll be right, but the pro scouting dept has done a pretty good job of finding talent recently (Robinson, Fiammetta) and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. I still hope that we sign a legit center. Get the draft right (including at least 1 OL in the first 2 or 3 rounds) and we should be in position for a good year.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,359 Messages
    3,659 Likes Received
    I just LOL'ed.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Maybe they actually just like him as a player and it has nothing to do with how he was used. Could be that while everyone else watches him and think he's an average to poor player, they watch tape and see a good player. You don't pay a guy that kind of money because you think he sucks but that you can make him better.

The fact that he left Dallas to go look at other teams and then immediately accepted our offer bodes poorly in my mind, possibly he got a reality check and realized Dallas was offering the the most cash and wanted to get it while the getting was good.

I have no faith in the signing, he's going to have to prove me wrong. Sorry but the fact that Koiser exists and that he may or may not have given up 4 sacks is not enough to counteract years and years of horrendous talent evaluation on the offensive line by the Cowboys.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,820 Messages
    2,667 Likes Received
    From Pro Football Weekly's Whispers around the NFC:

15. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Asking why the Bengals or the Chiefs haven't spent money on players is silly, they never do. it's why they have the highest amount of cap space. Not just the year but perennially. Some teams are just happy making a buck.
  16. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Just remember we have a new line coach and that we obviously had these guys targeted...you don't bring in guys in the first day of free agency unless you see something you like.
  17. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    It will be interesting following these two players progress during the course of TC to pre-season to the regular season.
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,270 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Exactly, it seems like the Cowboys had a plan and went after specific players this off season. Unlike in recent years when they sat on their thumbs waiting to pickup who ever was left.

Everyone on this forum is suddenly an offensive line guru, has watched countless hours of tape on Livings and all came to the conclusion that he sucks. I for one feel better knowing they actually targeted these players at the start of FA.