1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nate Solder "Holder" from Boulder

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rash, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Theres no denying my love for this guy, but what do yall think about him?
    For some reason I feel like people haven't really been watching him play and hes been flying under the radar.

I call him "Holder" because he blocks so well, you think hes holding you. :D
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,285 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    He's too tall.
  3. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Jonathan Ogden disagrees.
  4. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,403 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Hes really not who I want especially in the top 12.....
  5. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    He is QUICK folks! Doesn't matter how tall he is. The guy played TE and now is excelling at a position that suits his body better.

Mark my words. Best tackle in the draft
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,618 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    My favorite OL in the draft is Benjamin Ijalana....he can play 4 positions on the OL, though most likely will be a G in the NFL. Still, as a LT he played pretty darn good at Villanova. He is the guy I want most in the round 2 or 3. But just to make the Solder, Ijalana, and O'Dowd fans all happy here is a mock......

Trade down in the 1st, add a 2nd....Trade down in the 2nd and add a 3rd

1 OT Nate Solder - Colorado
    2 FS Deunta Williams - UNC
    2 DE Jared Crick - Nebraska
    3 OG Benjamin Ijalana - Villanova
    3 ILB Quan Sturdivant - UNC
    4 OC Kristopher O'Dowd - USC
    5 RB Roy Helu Jr. - Nebraska
    6 OLB Doug Hogue - Syracuse
    6 CB Ryan Jones - NW Missouri St.
    7 DT Kheeston Randall - Texas
  7. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,196 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It's really hard to say, because I for one can only look at youtube vids and watch what is available. Games against Cal and Missouri that I watched, I didn't think he was that great. He was pretty upright in his pass set. He had trouble with the quicker smaller speed rushers that Cal had on his side. Against Mizzu, he didn't look that strong at the point of attack, he didn't get much push.

But to be truly fair, more film must be seen. He seems to be up there in the rankings, so he must be impressing scouts.

But watching Carimi, I thought he looked better. Stronger at the point of attack, he got good push on Adrian Clayborn and handled Cameron Heyward when playing against them.

The only problem with these guys are they are in the 6'6''-6'7'' range. Those types of guys have a problem getting really low.
  8. Patton

Patton Benched

848 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He looks like an oversized tight end to me. Like the guy doesn't even have a chest. The game is headed in that direction, but I still wouldn't spend a really premium pick on a player like that. With our second round pick I could get behind him a little more though.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    At 6'8 315, his frame isn't that slim. Sam Young was like 6'7 or 6'8 and just 300 while at Notre Dame. I wouldn't be suprised if Bolder measures in at 6'8 320, and is playing at 325-330 by his second season.