1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

National Championship ND vs Bama

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    Big game tonight really looking forward to watching this one. I dated a girl who was a big Bama fan and since that was the case we traveled for a few of the Bama games including the National Championship game vs the Hurricanes at the Super Dome.

I come into this game with some mixed feeling because I also like ND and really glad to see them back at the top of college football. So my dilemma who to go for and after giving it much thought I'm pulling for ND to win it all.

So who are you guys pulling for?
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,264 Messages
    4,587 Likes Received
    I hope that after a multitude of OTs it ends in a Tie....actually no I hope that does not happen as they would split the championship.

So...I hope Notre Dame gets Killed...I hope they get embarrassed...I hope that there are multitudes of the players and fans of ND crying after the game because it is so bad...I hope ND HC goes past his normal Red Faced outrage to the point of looking like the girl Violet in the willy wonka movie when she turns into a big blue berry.

Of course, with the way I have been getting kicked in the crotch as far as football is concerned...the opposite will happen and ND will win and the sports shows will be all over ND for years to come.
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,477 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    Wow, this is a tough one. I tend to favor ND, just because I had a soft spot in my heart for all of the "BCS busters" who came before but weren't good enough to get to the championship (TCU, Boise State, specifically). OTOH, if Bama loses, it's going to give the LSU fans around here a false sense of superiority (kinda like we Cowboy fans felt yesterday about the Skins loss, I suppose LOL).

I guess I'll just watch the game and enjoy it for whoever wins.
  4. Doomsday101

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    I take it your not much of an ND fan? :laugh2:
  5. BrAinPaiNt

61,264 Messages
    4,587 Likes Received
    Can't stand them.

They single handily could have saved the big east and refused to do so out of greed yet they were the ones in charge of trying to bring in football teams when they would not join in football. The arrogance and the greed of that place is amazing.

That and they beat WVU when both teams last played for the National Championship. :mad:

Burm to come in ragging on me or any others that don't like ND in 3...2...1...
  6. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,429 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I'm pulling for ND, primarily because I don't wanna see yet another UA/SEC win.

Plus, I really do like Brian Kelly and can respect the way he's gotten that program into a BCS championship. Especially w/ the "handicap" of ND's academic requirements.
  7. Doomsday101

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    So because they choose not to get into the big east they suck? Maybe the Big East sucks and that is why ND wanted no part. I don't see why they owed anything to the big east.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

61,264 Messages
    4,587 Likes Received

Whether the Big East sucked or not is irrelevant.

They took charge in looking to bring in football teams in order to save the big east...yet they would not join the big east in football.

So how can they do a good job of convincing other teams to join...if they refuse to do so themselves?

That is the height of irony and arrogance.
  9. Doomsday101

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    Well in the end ND AD is about doing what is in ND best interest not what is in the Big East or WVU interest.
  10. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    I said the exact same thing to my wife this morning.

Not word for word, but let's just say I couldn't agree more with every word. ;)
  11. BrAinPaiNt

61,264 Messages
    4,587 Likes Received
    Hence the arrogance and Irony of them being in charge of looking for football teams to join and the (at that time) BE Commish saying (with a straight face) that ND was doing everything in it's power to help the big east...when in fact all they had to do is to agree to join BE in Football.

When you have heard how ND did with the BE for years...you might feel a little different. ACC fans will learn.:D
  12. Doomsday101

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    Why do I have the feeling you did not like them even before this? :laugh2:
  13. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All Day!

Eat it Domers!!
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,192 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I guess I'm kinda hoping for the quarter to land on the edge.
  15. Doomsday101

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    Being catholic I don't have much of a choice. Go Notre Dame. :laugh2:
  16. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Go ND!!!! I don't like bama......
  17. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,429 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Ohhh, you probably shouldn't fret about it too much. There's always that absolution thing y'all can fall back on. :p:
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    want some more cheeze with your WHINE?
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,692 Messages
    9,910 Likes Received
    Notre Dame in an upset.
  20. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member