1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

National Football Post : Cowboys "love" Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by johnnyd, Apr 22, 2011.

1. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    A league source with knowledge of the situation tells the National Football Post that the Cowboys "love" Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt and are seriously considering taking him with the No. 9 pick.

The source says Dallas is "highly enamored" with the five-technique prospect, and are "leaning strongly toward" selecting Watt if they don't take Tyron Smith. The Cowboys do have a big need at defensive end, but that position isn't rarely valued high enough for a top-ten pick. This report does, however, seem to support Matt Moseley of FOX Sports' information.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Cowboys-love-Wisconsin-DE-JJ-Watt.html

Nothing really new i guess we all kinda heard this already. I like Jordan better than Frankenstein but neither at 9 honestly
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be too mad at that.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

You and I will be a rarity when it comes to this then.
  4. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,719 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    I would love Watt in a trade down situation.

Not at 9.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    J.J. Watt has one of my "ban" arrows. :)

I hope that I'm "winning", because J.J. Watt can't pass protect or lead power o to the right.

Hey J.J.,

Can you lead the toss sweep or block the counter run off power o?

Can you block Justin Tuck or Brian Orakpo or Brandon Graham or Clay Matthews or Julius Peppers?
  6. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,558 Messages
    3,842 Likes Received
    There are OTs available in the second and third. Too bad Carpenter is on the rise. But there are others.
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Titans are a team that could bail from 9. S.F. is another possibility to bail at 7.

I know the Titans like Prince Amukamara and J.J. Watt. I think that they could pull the trigger on Amukamara if Fairley and Quinn are off the board, because he is the one name that I have consistently heard for a couple of months. They really like him, but it hasn't been picked up nationally. I think the Titans will have better options at 8 than Watt for sure. Watt is likely a deal down for them.

I think Watt is a big reach at 9, anyway. You would be better off moving down and drafting Mike Pouncy before you drafted Watt at 9. In fact, the Cowboys would be better off drafting Pouncy at 9 before drafting Watt. At least, the offensive line would be addressed.

If someone in front of you likes Watt, and if that team is a threat to bail, I could see the Cowboys putting that smoke out at smoke screen time.

In fact, the Titans recent roses thrown at Tyron Smith, could be directed at Cleveland. However, they (the Titans) probably do really like Smith. Dallas probably really likes Watt. However, liking someone and actually drafting them is two different things.
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like the guy too, solid & safe pick...might never be a probowler, but shouldnt be a bust either.

Still, if we were going to take him I'd prefer it be after moving down some.
  9. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Agreed, you take Watt in a trade down followed by a trade up in the 2nd to secure an OT.
  10. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    The source said the Cowboys love Watt's intensity, technique, toughness and motor and have grown tired of problem players and want to add someone of high character to their locker room.

I am ALL for adding high character/dirty work players..this team has plenty of flash, we need more substance

I would rather move down and take him..but if we took him @9 i wouldn't complain one bit
  11. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be madder than a wet hen - if we look his way

OT is the first order of business
  12. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I'd be okay with Watt in a trade down scenario. The Lions and Rams seem like perfect trade partners. We could pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. As long as Dallas comes away with JJ Watt, Tyron Smith or Patrick Peterson, I'll be a happy camper.
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,601 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    I love Watt. He was one of my early mock favorites for the 2nd but he just starting rising like no one's business.

Love everything about the guy, his strength, size, speed and crazy intangibles. But best of all, Watt has still a ton of room to get better (has only played DE for 2 seasons).

Love the pick, but I really hope the Cowboys trade down. Another 2nd/3rd would be sweet.
  14. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    If it makes us a better team, I'm completely on baord with it.
  15. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received

guess you would be cos i'd be pissed, if there's one guy who's freached a ceiling in this draft its Watt
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
  17. Jefftones

Jefftones New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I keep hearing and reading this is a high character guy. Didn't he quit on his scholarship to Central Michigan or something?
  18. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Major smoke screen....
  19. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    me too...
  20. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Sounds like Spears. I just don't see this pick if it were made at #9, just as well keep Spears.