National writer: Cowboys will feel impact of passing on Jalen Ramsey with no Carr, Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

42,228 Messages
    29,268 Likes Received
    National writer: Cowboys will feel impact of passing on Jalen Ramsey with no Carr, Claiborne

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

Yes, the Cowboys will field a secondary next season, but gone are several familiar faces in Barry Church, Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne and J.J. Wilcox.

And while Dallas has made some additions to its defense in free agency, it's not hard to think of what struggles could lie ahead -- at least for the secondary -- while NFC East rivals stock up on wide receiver help.

Could the Cowboys have better prepared themselves for this mass exodus of defensive backs? Maybe. One line of thought this offseason did center on them being able to re-sign Carr or Claiborne, which never materialized.

Though there was no telling how 2017 free agency would unfold back in March of last year, CBSSports.com columnist Pete Prisco believes passing on Jalen Ramsey with the fourth overall pick of the 2016 draft is a decision that will impact the Cowboys in the near future now that Carr and Claiborne are gone.

http://sportsday.**************/dal...el-impact-passing-jalen-ramsey-carr-claiborne

2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

6,418 Messages
    5,683 Likes Received
  3. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

3,592 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    I guess he never heard of this guy name Zeke Elliot who was in the running for rookie of the year.

4. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

12,320 Messages
    13,041 Likes Received
    I think Prisco was anti-Elliott from the start so no surprise he's still singing that tune today.

Silver N Blue and stilltheguru88 like this.
  5. Walker

Walker Texas Ranger

754 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Ramsey couldn't even win Defensive Rookie of The Year!

coogrfan, kazzd58, wilfred and 2 others like this.
  6. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

1,332 Messages
    1,850 Likes Received
    Petey's opinion will matter as soon as he becomes GM of the Cowboys. Until then.......

RGV_Clos, rwill784 and Texas_Pete like this.
  7. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

12,320 Messages
    13,041 Likes Received
    Yeah but Bosa was a stud and Ramsey finished 2nd.

8. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

2,962 Messages
    4,353 Likes Received
    The end of that last tweet is telling - "I said it then and will continue to say it".

Yea, so basically he's going to continue with this angle in an effort to "be right".

Idiot.

9. Daillest88

Daillest88 Well-Known Member

5,274 Messages
    4,656 Likes Received
    Ezekiel Elliott in his second year..Big time year coming up. Records will be broken

10. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

9,868 Messages
    4,444 Likes Received
    Meh our strength is our offense and zeke is a huge part of that.

However I would like to see another vet cb brought in like leon hall for insurance.

AshyLarry06 and Silver N Blue like this.
  11. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

16,221 Messages
    7,316 Likes Received
    You can only address so many issues at once. I wanted Ramsey badly and I'm glad he's an impact player on defense. But, when you have a player that your scouts and coaches feel is the best RB they've ever scouted out of college and is a Hall of Famer and then said RB dominates the league and leads it in rushing...hard to argue that pick.

YR

wrongway, Afigueroa22, JBond and 6 others like this.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

6,060 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    My tweet to him:
    @PriscoCBS And you will continue to be the dumbest guy on the NFL beat!

13. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

26,486 Messages
    8,599 Likes Received
    More like national snoozer because that mess put me straight to sleep.

Zimmy Lives likes this.
  14. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,435 Messages
    7,017 Likes Received
    Zeke VS Ramsey is a viable debate

However, saying losing a jag you replaced with an equal ( or close to it) jag and losing a player who cant be counted on to play half a season is where they will feel the loss is pure trolling

GIFTS86 and GhostOfPelleur like this.
  15. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

18,257 Messages
    3,156 Likes Received
    Our pick of Zeke was such a waste....
    This national writer needs a nation.

BAZ likes this.
  16. fredp22

fredp22 Well-Known Member

612 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    I feel Rod had the final say on both not coming back. I dont think it was the money as both signed for close to what we paid them. If Brown and Jones were also Rod's picks I feel good he'll continue to build a good secondary.
    Still have no problem with Zeke over Ramsey.

17. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    Or...Dallas drafts a CB at #28 or #60 or in the 3rd. Smh...Pete you're better than this. Let go of the "RBs shouldn't be 1st rounders" antiquated nonsense. Thought he left that behind in 2016 at the Champps inside the Downtown Marriott on W. Maryland in Indianapolis during a lively lunch conversation. Guess not...

stilltheguru88 likes this.
  18. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

12,570 Messages
    5,202 Likes Received
    well put.Ramsey is going to be a top 5 CB in the league.the Zeke pick already helped us to a 13-3 record.If he keeps producing like this for the next 4 years then it will be worth it.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  19. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,837 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Yeah, really going to rue drafting a guy who averaged 130+ yards from scrimmage and a TD per game as a rookie, in an offense with a rookie QB that teams were willing to let beat them by stacking against the run. I'm the first guy to not want to draft RBs in the first, but when it's a talent like Zeke, sorry, you pick him. You're talking about a guy who can be a 2000 yard rusher.

AshyLarry06, BAT, Zimmy Lives and 2 others like this.
  20. erod

erod Well-Known Member

16,082 Messages
    17,461 Likes Received
    Some people just can't admit when they're wrong.

The participation trophy crowd.

wrongway and stilltheguru88 like this.