National writer: Cowboys will feel impact of passing on Jalen Ramsey with no Carr, Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MarkP88

MarkP88 Well-Known Member

276 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Anyone who believed this last Spring was a doofus. Anyone who still believes it is living in their own world.

Texas_Pete likes this.
  2. Idgit

Idgit That sounds really boring Staff Member

44,815 Messages
    28,632 Likes Received
    I said the same thing Prisco is saying on draft day. I thought it was a mistake to pass on Ramsey given the state of our contracts in the secondary for this season, and given the relative value of the two positions in play. That said, there's no doubt that Zeke was the more impactful player (and Ramsey actually played well). My only concerns for that pick from here on out are with whether or not EE is too much of a knucklehead and it ends up costing him and us down the line. But on the field, the guy's a football playing dude.

As far as CB coverage goes, the arguments go out the window afaic since we know Mo would have stuck around for a one-year $5MM offer. That's affordable. The fact that we didn't afford it means we actually want things to play out the way they did, with a poor man's Brandon Carr in VFA and a rookie somewhere relatively high in the draft.

Sarge, cml750, stilltheguru88 and 2 others like this.
  3. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

11,255 Messages
    3,988 Likes Received
    Prisco is essentially whining because a team did something he did not agree with and wants to everyone to know he was right which ultimately he cannot prove. And if the Cowboys draft a left CB this year then will he say he was wrong? And I guess Brown from last year showing he has a chance to be a legit NFL CB somehow does not count?

4. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

6,775 Messages
    6,195 Likes Received
    Toruk_Makto = Pete Prisco? Who knew? :)

5. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

2,287 Messages
    2,352 Likes Received
    If anything we feel the impact of passing on BOSA.

I was entrenched on the Zeke bandwagon so I wont pretend otherwise. But the combination of

Bosa
    Jordan Howard

Would have been sweet. Although I cant say Id do it differently. Zeke is a special talent. I hope he keeps himself out of trouble.

Sarge, Fletch and dogunwo like this.
  6. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,160 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received
    Well said.

7. windward

windward NFL Historian

16,529 Messages
    1,931 Likes Received
    This has nothing to do with participation trophies.

ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  8. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

627 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I was anti any RB. Zeke shut me up

Fletch and CanadianCowboysFan like this.
  9. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

2,287 Messages
    2,352 Likes Received
    Im sure hes also very adamant about going back and admitting his mistakes lol.

Proximo likes this.
  10. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

6,775 Messages
    6,195 Likes Received
    Considering that Bosa went third, not sure how this is applicable.

Fletch, Proof and vaturkey like this.
  11. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,160 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received

I will say that I thought Bosa was over rated and might be a bust, in part because I think he seems to be a bit of an ******* (based in part on him being a holdout in an age where there are no holdouts). Based on his first year's production, he probably checks the talent box, but he may still prove to be an ******* which might eventually be equally detrimental.

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  12. rat2k8

rat2k8 Well-Known Member

4,516 Messages
    3,866 Likes Received
    Tweet "Will will score 50 points a game nullifying our defence"

13. Idgit

Idgit That sounds really boring Staff Member

44,815 Messages
    28,632 Likes Received
    Bosa's who I actually preferred but we didn't have to make that choice, at least. What's done is done. All three of those guys are going to be good players long-term in the league, so it was a pick-your-flavor thing. We came out ok in the deal, I think. :)

14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

16,546 Messages
    12,674 Likes Received
    Prisco has been saying since the draft that you "just don't take a RB that high".

He's just still trying to be right when Elliott has already proven everyone wrong.

15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,752 Messages
    16,666 Likes Received
    Elliott leads the league in rushing, meets and exceeds all expectations, and these buffoons think Dallas is going to regret the pick?

Yes, that's somebody who can't accept defeat. Zeke and the line carried this team to 13-3 last year.

Fletch, Proximo and Zimmy Lives like this.
  16. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

4,649 Messages
    4,613 Likes Received
    We didnt pass on Bosa. Bosa was already gone

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  17. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

8,496 Messages
    3,438 Likes Received
    They will rue the day they let those two All-Pro CBs leave in FA. Just watch. :rolleyes:

18. GhostOfPelleur

GhostOfPelleur Well-Known Member

892 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    They may yet feel the sting of taking Zeke over Ramsey, but it won't have anything to do with losing Carr and Mo.

19. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,646 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Jacksonville finished 22nd in the league rushing the ball. Maybe they're feeling the impact of passing on Zeke?

Sarge and Proof like this.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,625 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    Both should have strong careers.

TomAtoes
    TomAAtoes

Sarge likes this.