National writer: Cowboys will feel impact of passing on Jalen Ramsey with no Carr, Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

2,395 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, good call we didnt PASS on Bosa.

Idgit likes this.
  2. windward

windward NFL Historian

16,537 Messages
    1,941 Likes Received
    Priscilla is dead wrong here, but stubborn people refusing to admit they are wrong far predate participation trophies.

3. CowboysWillRise

2,395 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    My bad, I guess remember it that way cause we at the zone collectively passed on him well ahead of draft night.

fishspill likes this.
  4. GhostOfPelleur

GhostOfPelleur Well-Known Member

1,247 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    They never had the opportunity to draft him

5. 44cowboys22

44cowboys22 Well-Known Member

1,304 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    I will always say Ramsey was the pick

6. CowboysWillRise

2,395 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    Lol, if I ever need attention Its good to know all I have to do is say something factually incorrect at the zone.

DFWJC and Proximo like this.
  7. ghosttown cowboy

ghosttown cowboy Wyoming's #1 boys fan

1,084 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    Our secondary was average for the most part, with Ramsey our secondary still would have been average...You can have Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey in your secondary and if you give the QB 5 seconds to throw it won't matter...If Bosa would have been there, we probably would have taken him, but since he wasn't we took the guy who would take pressure off of our defense...in my opinion...

8. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

14,282 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    They do feel the impact of it. Every time they hand the ball of to Elliott.

rocyaice likes this.
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

12,243 Messages
    4,376 Likes Received
    Ok and Jaylan Ramsey has contributed to how many wins or playoff berths for the Jags? Because Zeke has contributed 13 and a playoff berth.

BAT likes this.
  10. Cogan

Cogan Well-Known Member

1,892 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Although I agreed with him when the Boys took Zeke, I don't see any RB who would be available at #28 even close to Zeke, but there are several DBs who will still be there who are comparable to Ramsay. Melifonwu is one of them. He's a LOT bigger, jumped higher & farther, & is just as fast. Can you imagine Obi & Byron roaming the Boys center field? We could trade down to 33, get #108, & still probably grab him. We're going to have to trade down sooner than later if we hope to load up on corners & rush men. Most starters don't come after #210, which is where almost half of our picks lie right now.

11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

11,279 Messages
    3,027 Likes Received
    Prisco and his pathetic agenda. Pete, you were wrong, let it go. Passing on Ramsey was the right choice, because Cowboys would not have had the same success without Zeke Elliott. Ramsey's impact would have been marginal, at best. And Marinelli has shown that he doesn't need stars (or even high draft choices) to field a playoff defense.

12. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

11,279 Messages
    3,027 Likes Received
    Top 5 corner is still dream casting for Ramsey right now. While Zeke is the BEST running back in the entire league as of last season. One is proven the other is potential. Give me proven all day and twice on Sunday.

revospeed likes this.
  13. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

13,352 Messages
    4,913 Likes Received
    Yeah, not taken Ramsey will affect the secondary. Of course, not taking Zeke would affect the entire philosophy of the tram going forward. This kind of article doesn't really illuminate much.

14. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

3,571 Messages
    9,371 Likes Received
    And TMZ will be there to cover it. Lol

Daillest88 and M'Kevon like this.
  15. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,730 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    The opposing teams get to feel the impact of the Cowboys NOT passing on Zeke.

16. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

12,391 Messages
    7,355 Likes Received
  17. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

8,905 Messages
    6,712 Likes Received
    So if this was Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith the Cowboys drafted, would this idiot keep saying we should have taken Ramsey? lol. Didn't know Ramsey was Deion Sanders.

BAT likes this.
  18. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,752 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    That brought a tear to my eyes.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  19. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

425 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Ramsey was great, but I feel better about Elliot's ability to impact a game.

Put Elliot in this offense, and it's elite. Use this to win games.

Put Ramsey in this defense, and it still has flat tires.

BAT likes this.
  20. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

353 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    This just in, if none of those guys left, and Ramsey had been the pick, he would have been the best DB on the team....conversely, since they didn't take him, he won't be the best DB on the team, even if they had taken him

non-story

now, I have said this, I wanted Ramsey but am thrilled with zeke...Zeke takes pressure off of the defense by extending drives (with the intense help from the big boys upfront, of course)...zeke takes pressure off of the defense by helping the offense to score more, Zeke helps to control the clock so the defense isn't on the field as much....now, if zeke Wasn't there in favor of ramsey? then ramsey would have had A LOT more playing time that all of the guys that just signed elsewhere...and, last time I checked, he can really only cover one spot at a time

move along, move along (say this in storm trooper voice from Star Wars, episode 4, where obi wan plants that thought in their dopey minds)