1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Naughty Alaskan Librarian

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ScipioCowboy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,864 Messages
    2,084 Likes Received
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
  3. ScipioCowboy

14,864 Messages
    2,084 Likes Received
    I haven't had much exposure to Craig Ferguson, but when I have watched him, he is quite funny.
  4. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Craig Ferguson is awesome. :laugh2:
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,831 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Craig Ferguson is the shiznit. It's the only late night show I watch. Other than Skinemax.
  6. ScipioCowboy

14,864 Messages
    2,084 Likes Received
    What a coincidence. Mere minutes after I post this video from a year ago, Ferguson replays it on tonight's show.
  7. iceberg

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    well add one more to the ignore parade.
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You do realize that Pelosi and friends have lower approval ratings than W, right? Why must she terrorize this country??
  9. iceberg

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    you do realize he's not even in here to talk intelligently about politics - just blither, right? : )

many trolls are going to come through. i vote we let them go unnoticed. : )
  10. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,588 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Now there's somebody (Pelosi) that can energize both sides of the political spectrum.

Thank you San Francisco, California. You have further forced me to consider weighing the asset/liability factors of the San Andreas fault.

Okay, it's not even close - but you're d*** sure working on it aren't ya Nancy?

Which reminds me to thank the state of Ohio for bringing us Dennis Kucinich. That l'il guy is all nards when most in his party are impotent. Thanks for trying to hold Congressional feet to the fire about holding Bush Admin feet to the fire.

You're the Dem party's Bull Terrier and I, for one, salute you.
  11. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,560 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
  12. iceberg

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    so is that limited to only each other (i can see that) or when people come in here calling our choices names and being just as insulting?

attacking beliefs stirs up just as much trouble as attacking the people.
  13. Hostile

118,560 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    Thanks for asking. It is my opinion that politics are too touchy for some people to talk about. They simply do not like anything at all about the other party. Those people need to be cautious about what they say. The only time it is going to be an issue is when it strays into the personal.

So, it is fine for someone to be anti-Democrat or anti-Republican. It is not fine to be anti-fellow Cowboys fan who happens to be a Democrat, or anti-fellow Cowboys fan who happens to be a Republican.

It is the personal hatred of each others politics that we do not want.

If you are able to respect someone else's politics you have nothing at all to worry about. If you are suspicious and even critical of their politics there is still nothing to worry about. When you begin to think nothing but ill of them because of their politics...please pull back and put that poster on Ignore.

We want people to be able to discuss their political ideas or we would not have brought this forum back. We don't want Cowboys fans ripping at each other.

Last night some of this was just a little too personal, especially given what the thread is about. This is something to laugh about, not to try and draw blood.

I applaud you for putting the poster on Ignore. That's exactly the right course to take. I hope all will follow that lead.
  14. iceberg

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    oh i totally understand what you're saying hos - and i think a LOT of us will bend over backwards to try *and* respect each other. it's when those come in here with nothing more on their mind than stirring things up and showing a total lack of respect from the word "go", makes it hard on myself and i know others to simply look away.

there will be those that view an attack on their beliefs via "generic name calling" as a personal attack.

"all you repunks" for example.

not out to change the world hos and yea, i'm doing better about just doing to ignore and moving on cause there's nothing to win there. so you outwitted an idiot. i've never seen an award for that. : ) but it's not easy to do and i know, harder to "mod".

just asking - thanks for listening. : )
  15. Hostile

118,560 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    I understand what you are saying.

Report those posters and the post. Don't retaliate.

In the thread about Palin's SS # being posted you mentioned the Jetson's. "Jane, stop this crazy thing."

We can and will stop it. Once there is retaliation there is escalation. At that point our only avenue is to ban everyone or no one.

Think George on the treadmill and simply report the post to us. One was last night, but by that time we had a page and a half of very ill will. Too late to make it right. Just had to delete and edit.

The report feature helps us so much.
  16. iceberg

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    i was actually referring to the endless cycle of having one side insult the other and back again because the last guy did it as a "crazy treadmill" we as a culture can't seem to get off of. had nothing to do with mod styles in here cause i think ya'll are doing a much better job than i could and i'm here to help, not derail, that effort.
  17. Hostile

118,560 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    I was agreeing with you. I'd like to see that cycle stop.

I hate seeing the words Libs and Neocons any more because people are using them as a perjorative.
  18. iceberg

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    it goes back to that racial reference i made the other day. treating people differently because of their beliefs is no better than because of their skin color. we've taught ourself (or are trying to anyway) to look past skin color but mentally we still divide.

to my way of thinking it's so counterproductive, but to my experience, it's far too common and "normal". maybe i'm the odd one here.