1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ndamukong wont be suspended

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 26, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    ESPN is mad that Suh was not suspended:laugh1:
  2. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's a good thing many of you weren't around to watch Randy White, Mean Joe Greene, Jack Youngblood or Howie Long play. You would have gotten carpal tunnel syndrome from clutching your pearls so tightly. To put Suh in the category of "dirty player" for that rinky dink stuff really does a dis-service to all time great dirty players like Jack Tatum who put a lot of time and effort into making an art form of it.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Personally I don't understand why folks bring up the past. People are complaining because of TODAYS NFL and its rules RIGHT NOW. Nobody is comparing what went on 20 years ago w/ the right now NFL.

Of course football was different back then.

Honestly, some of you come across like you were the only ones watching the NFL back then.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    You think everything those names listed above did were "in the rules" at the time? It's never been in the rules to eye gouge or step on players, that didn't stop them from doing it at every opportunity.

The biggest difference in eras is that there significantly less sand in vaginas of the sports media commentators, and less bonbon consumption and Oprah watching by football fans.
  5. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I totally agree w/ you on this and its a shame really. You can tell when networks get on something they really want to happen. Like folks said in this thread, ESPN was begging for Suh to get a suspension. I know Sharp and BE were.

SIV....that's funny.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received

And when he didn't get suspended the first thing people on ESPN wanted to know was WHY???
  7. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

354 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I dunno that is the best angle of the shot, but it definitely looked intentional to me. He's a d-bag, pure and simple.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

You must be joking.

When you're falling to the ground, do you normally make a kicking motion with your foot, as well?

Not to mention you can see his helmet is facing Schuab until after the kick and then he turns away.
  9. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Ran into a few of my Lions fan friends yesterday. They all 3 agreed that that was an intentional kick by Suh.

They were all laughing because they said they would have bet he would have gotten a big fine and a game or 2 suspension.
  10. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Suh kicks Schaub in the nuts: doesn't get fined or suspended

Mike Jenkins pushes Pierre Garcon to the ground after a catch: gets fined

Laughable.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received

Hmmm...definately could have been intentional. I'm not 100% certain either way but I can definately see how it could be intentional.
  13. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,008 Messages
    42 Likes Received

Um, it wasn't just after a catch...it was after a touchdown and the play was over. Such is a scumbag, and Jenkins was pissed because he was getting embarrassed on national television.
  14. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,008 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    That last video of him grabbing the browns QB's face mask and throwing him is the worst of all. He had no intention of making a clean tackle. Just grabbed his face mask, pulled him in, and threw him by his helmet. Suh is a punk, he reminds me of the type of guys I played with who would do that on the field because he knows retaliation is only going to go so far because it's during a game and everyone is supposed to be a professional...well, everyone but him. Yet if you saw him after the game he wouldn't be anywhere near as belligerent.

I also disagree that this is somehow "tough guy" behavior, or even the stuff that used to go on back in the day. Gouging someone's eye under a pile of people doesn't make you a tough guy, you're just an opportunist.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,214 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Everything Suh has done is called football,

Is just that the camera is more focused on him. All NFL players have done the things he has done and will continue to do so

THE END
  16. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    If I ever have a doberman from the pound, I'll name him Conrad. :p
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received

For the most part I agree.

The stomping isn't football. That's just stupid and always has been regardless of whose doing it.

But throwing Jake to the ground like they showed up there and most of the other stuff where he's supposedly been too rough is just him playing football.

Personally I don't have any problem with him slinging the QB to the ground like that. It's a violent game and the hits are going to hurt.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I really don't care for a lot of the rules to protect players but if they are going to make them, they need to enforce them.

I hadn't even seen the kick until today. Didn't really care and had a hellacious week.

That kick is intentional.

If his foot had followed an arc all the way to the groin, I'd be skeptical but it would make sense.

His foot follows an arc, stops and extends right into someone's junk. That's intentional.

The fact that the NFL has the nerve to suspended a guy like Ed Reed for hits on players that span a few seasons, some of which are good hits, and then they don't suspend a guy who literally tries to harm other players is a joke.
  19. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Yeah, that was my first time to see it and it looks intentional or at least close enough to warrant a suspension, given Suh's history.
  20. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Jenkins deserved the fine. The push was ridiculously late.