1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ND's Christmas Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Dec 11, 2012.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,127 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    I am in the giving mood. Time to give out my first mock draft of the season. 'Tis the season to be jolly. First 4 rounds!

1st Round: Barrett Jones, OL Alabama

[IMG]

Jones has the ability to play all 5 positions on the offensive line and fits the Garrett mold as a try-hard player with an exceptional work ethic. I see him playing Center for Dallas for the next 10 years. Garrett has ties to Saban and I wouldn't be shocked at all if this pick is either Jones or Warmack. Protecting Tony Romo is the #1 off-season priority for Dallas. I have seen Jones going in the lower part of the 1st round and even the 2nd round of mock drafts, but I think his stock will rise once coaches meet him. Maybe Dallas moves down some, but I want this guy on our team.

2nd Round: Jesse Williams, NT Alabama

[IMG]

Going right back to the Garrett-Saban connection, Dallas needs help on the defensive line with an aging Jay Ratliff, whose future is up in the air for the 2013 season and with the arrest of Josh Brent. Williams has the ability to play the NT and the 5T in a 3-4 defense and coaches love the dirty work he does for the team. The man played in the SEC Championship game with a busted ankle. He is a warrior and another guy that will bring some fire to this defense.

3rd Round: Logan Thomas, QB VT

[IMG]

This one is interesting. Some have him as a first rounder, others are really down on him. Kiper says he sees no way he gets out of the 1st. I disagree and so do most scouts. Dallas might need to start looking for a future QB to develop behind Tony Romo and this might be a project worth looking into. After a very disappointing 2012 campaign, Thomas has all the tools to be a franchise QB. He has elite size, arm, and mobility. His decision making skills and accuarcy need to improve dramatically before he can play in the NFL, but the upside is there. If he falls to the 3rd, I think its realistic that Jerry and Garrett would jump on this talent.

4th Round: Stepfan Taylor, RB Stanford

[IMG]

With Felix Jones most likely leaving in 2013 and DeMarco Murray struggling to stay healthy, Dallas could be in the market for a RB. Taylor is a jack-of-all-trades RB, master of none. He isn't the most explosive back, but he is tough. He comes from the west coast offense and he is an excellent blocker. He has good hands out of the back-field and is a player that can help in so many ways that go unnoticed. Not a flashy player, but Taylor will be solid addition to the Dallas offense. Taylor will contribute on Day 1 and will be a coaches dream with his toughness and reliability.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,605 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    Like you 1st, 2nd and 4th round pick but rather look for another OL or a safety in round 3 than Thomas.
  3. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Logan Thomas sucked so bad this year that he started running the ball 20+ times a game because he couldn't complete enough passes. The guy is awful right now and shouldn't even be considering declaring for the draft. I would rather have Tyler Bray (even though he shouldn't declare yet either).

I have watched numerous Stanford games since I am in PAC 12 country and there is no way that Taylor will be there in the 4th round. Yes, he's projected there right now but the guy is a complete back and does everything very well.
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I love all of these picks. Stepfan in the 4th would be fantastic.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,681 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Talk about a boom bust/ guy in Thomas. Kind of pick where you either look like a genius in three years or an idiot. Guy just makes so many bad decisions right now. BTW he must have huge hands. The football looks like a nerf ball in his hands.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,776 Messages
    5,935 Likes Received
    1st Round: Barrett Jones, OL Alabama
    There is a good chance that he is available in the 2nd.

2nd Round: Jesse Williams, NT Alabama
    I think there will be many better players available in the 2nd.

3rd Round: Logan Thomas, QB VT
    No earlier than the 5th.

4th Round: Stepfan Taylor, RB Stanford
    Yes, this would be a good pick if he is available.