1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NE Cheats Again on Cundiff Miss?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Teague31, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    That's a real stretch.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    and nothing will happen to them
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    This is a joke. Moving on..
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,141 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Must have confused Belichick too, he looked confused after the kick, must have thought it was third down or maybe that was part of the plan, Yeah that's it.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,724 Likes Received
    Make the freaking kick.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,670 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    Ditto.
  8. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,589 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    of course.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cundiff is a proven choker. There's a reason he was cut by us. He's not very good. Rushed or not he still would've missed IMO.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Seems like quite a stretch.

Plus, didn't Baltimore have a timeout left? If all hell was breaking loose on the sideline, why not call a timeout and get it sorted out?
  11. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,296 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Nice reach.
    [IMG]
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So I guess Garrett isn't the only coach who's bad at clock management. :rolleyes:
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,239 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    It is dumb to have a 4 down routine at the end of a half or game. There is no guarantee that you will be kicking the ball on 4th down in that situation. Because of the clock you could be kicking on 1st, 2nd or 3rd down. I not only think this is a stretch, but just false.

Football is a game of inches. This has been proven time and again. There was a bad snap and a not so perfect hold. An inch off on the hold can make a difference. Still that only a part in the miss. The biggest factor was what is between Cundiff's ears.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Wow is this ever a reach.

Quite frankly I don't even care if they did have the wrong down on the scoreboard.

Are you at the game Cundiff? Are any of the other people around you there? If you don't know the down of a critical drive in a huge game, without a scoreboard telling you what down it is, then you've got problems in the first place.

This is the dumbest reason yet that i've seen for making an excuse for this guy failing to do his job.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,883 Messages
    699 Likes Received
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Yeah, what happens when a pass from outside FG puts the team into FG range and he has to kick on 1st down to win the game?

Guess he couldn't even get through his 1st down routine.

And is he so dead set into his routine he doesn't see anything going on around him?
  17. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,717 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Yeah. In the middle of the chaos that was the final minute of that game, I'm sure Bill Belichick phoned up to the scoreboard operator and told him to mess up the down-and-distance with the hope that the opposing kicker would have his head in his arse and not realize what down it really was.
  18. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,214 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Like Cundiff cant look at the field and see what down it is?
  19. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received

Apparently that's not allowed or something? lol
  20. FootballFan1

FootballFan1 Member

283 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    It is the little things in games that can make a difference. Just the little things. And we saw that twice this past weekend.

Take SF, the basics, hold on to the darn ball. Number one, before anything. Really wanted them to win, bummer. And with the Ravens, take your time, and concentrate on making the field goal. And they both paid the ultimate price for sloppy play.

One of the things that makes Belichick a good coach is what is called "situational" football. He stresses it over and over again. Here are the things that can come up in a game, and here is what you are supposed to do. Drums it in to the point of ridiculous - but it pays off. Get the fundamentals down first, the rest will come. But don't beat yourself. And that is what happened with both losing teams. They forgot the fundamentals. With the parity in the league, those little things can make a difference in the game.

I think the situation with the 49ers was worse than the Ravens. Yes, a field goal kicker can miss, and that is on him. But a fumble on a kickoff return when the game is on the line??? Man, if that is not fundamental, I don't know what is. Hang on to the darn ball. One of the things Belichick does is - you screw up, you sit down. He let Woodhead play after the fumble, but he knows more about the guy than I do - normally he would let that player sit out - maybe even for a few games.

I think one the reasons that Ocho is never going to make it with the Pats is that he wants to dictate the play. Not going to happen. It is dictated to him, and if you cannot fit in, then sit down. Don't just run down the field and expect the QB to find you. You go where you are supposed to be. Just a bad fit with that guy. Moss was a different story. That guy was so intelligent as a football player both him and Brady clicked. They both knew where they were supposed to be. Moss to me is one of the greatest WR's that ever played the game. One seriously amazing football player.

So SF and the Ravens can whine all they want. You forgot the fundamentals and you paid the price for it. Get over it, and get better. Sometimes you can do more with less if you don't make the kind of mistakes where you beat yourself. The better team does not always win.