1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

need help with error message/graphics driver

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by diehard2294, Sep 25, 2005.

1. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I got an error this morning that says a serious error occured by intel graphics driver. I assume this was installed by Dell? I got it right after I had Photoshop open for awhile :confused: any suggestions
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,208 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    post your EXACT error message and i'll be glad to help.

please also include:
    video card/driver revision - is it the latest available?
    when this happens - what were you doing? general computing? watching a video that required a codec? heavy graphics work after installing photoshop? only during photoshop activities?

words like "critical" "serious" "fatal" are holdover errors from old-school coders who think the general world doesn't view these words in the same non-drastic view as they do. : )
  3. iceberg

28,208 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    also - just for grins - go to http://windowsupdate.microosoft.com and download all critical updates as usual, however, look for "normal" updates for graphics, directx and so forth.
  4. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    the error said it was unknown,it happened after I had PS open for awhile. I went for updates as the error report said to troubleshoot and there were none available. I have been having PC problems lately and now I am wondering if PS,and how I got it is my problem :(
  5. iceberg

28,208 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    can you elaborate on PC problems?

and "exact" error - at least in the point that "xyz module cause abc problem in 123" - sounds like intel (intel WHAT?) caused an error in "unknown".

scan for a virus (www.grisoft.com for a free recommendation) and get 2-3 anti-spyware programs in there.

is this a "shared memory" built in video card? if so, how much ram is being used for video/system?