1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Need Honesty

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Apr 6, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,407 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    How many of you guys would rather watch the 2012 NFL Draft or go out on a date with your Wife or Girlfriend ?
  2. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,841 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Draft no question.
  3. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Are you looking for an excuse?
  4. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,314 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

you're kidding right?
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I never watch the draft, I keep up with it on my phone so I would rather go out with my wife and baby girl any time over a draft. Sorry but my family always come first. I can DVR anything, or keep up with stuff on my phone.
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,249 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Is this a serious ?

My wife and I met on match.com after we lost our first spouses to divorce and death. She was in SC, and I was in VA. We used to meet in Durham, NC for weekends in which we never came out of the hotel room except to eat a meal.

However, on only our second such romantic rendezvous, I brought my Draft Report and had all of our interaction with me on my back so I could watch the draft, and we took extended breaks anytime the Cowboys were within the next five selections, and she never complained about my updating my report as players moved off the board.

Therefore, you are asking the wrong guy. The draft is more fun for me than some of the actual games, and no way I'm going to miss a game for a date or an anniversary, or a family picnic.

In a crisis, family always comes first, but on a normal day, they know it's better to go shopping or visiting friends and leave me and Mel alone for the weekend. :)
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    wow, you shold put this on your tombstone so when you family comes to visit they will know where you were when all those days there were having a family picnic.
  8. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,649 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Megan Fox comes first.
  9. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    depends on who your wife or girlfriend is. if it's gisele bundchen, which i'm sure it's not--because why would tom brady be on a cowboys board--then a date is far better than the draft. sorry fellas.
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    duh, see my woman every day of the year.:p:

edit: I was quickly reminded with a slap to the back of the head my wife enjoys the draft as well and in her defense, she pretty much is there with me the majority of the time.
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,327 Messages
    350 Likes Received
  12. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,249 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I'll be cremated so they can carry my ashes with them on draft day just to spite me. :)
  13. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,346 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Austin Powers: And sometimes not at all.
  14. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The key is to be with a fellow fan. My wife didn't know much about football when we started dating, but now she is a huge cowboys fan, loves to watch the games, plays in a fantasy football league with me (and drafts cowboys based on whatever I say about them in general conversation), and supports my obsession with the draft. Shoot, she'd be the first to suggest getting some wings from the local sports bar and watching the first round. Get yourself a good girl, and you won't have to worry about picking one or the other.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,313 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    Depends on if Beast is going to get any action or not.;)
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,421 Messages
    1,899 Likes Received
    Draft!
    I can go on a date anytime, but the draft is once a year.

Now if it was going to be some wild night, or if it had huge meaning to my wife, I may have to use the DVR.

But my wife is a team player when it comes to things like this, so if i tell her the draft is coming up and i want to watch, she would never guilt trip me into anything on that night.
  17. slotshot

slotshot Member

503 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rather watch the draft than the Super Bowl (unless the Cowboys are in it)
  18. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    draft, no question
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,996 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received
    The draft. I hardly see my girlfriend now as it is.
  20. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The draft, after 40 yrs of marriage she knows not to schedule anything that conflicts with a game or the draft.